~$350 dark brown dress shoe options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~$350 dark brown dress shoe options

I know the question comes up rather frequently on this forum about what shoes to get in certain price ranges. But I'm hoping for some insight into brands where I can actually try the shoes on in person. I think the British/Spanish/etc shoes look beautiful but I don't think I'm quite at the point to spend this much on a shoe online I've never tried on. What, other than AE, would be good options that I could find in a store. I'm in San Francisco if that's any help.

Thanks

350 for a non AE shoe that you can try on in person...You may want to consider To Boot New York althought you can find most of their shoes in the sub 300 range (even most AE's people buy at sub 300 during sales). You may be able to find some Bruno Magli's for around that price as well which will have the more european type last that I think you're implying you prefer. Magnanni is another brand you may be interested in. Alden's come to mind but their shoes are usually in the 400-500 range. For 350 I think you should stop by UnionMade in your city to see what they have on stock. There is also another nice little gentleman's shoe shop in little italy that you might wanna take a look at (the name escape me at the moment but I think it's the same street as Grant's bar).

The bloomingdales in Westfield mall also seems to stock the usual players as well, but I'd recommend checking out what you like and then researching online to see if there are better prices.
    Last edited by Acousticfoodie; February 13, 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I was going to suggest Bloomingdales as well. There's also Wilkes Bashford in the Union Square area, which may have some options that interest you.

Comment

@shomas: you are in the city? I thought you were from NY

Comment

Wingtip in SF also has some nice shoes. But I think the majority of the nicer ones are priced well above $350. Maybe on sale?

Do you object to companies with a easy return policy? Because Kent Wang has beautiful shoes priced right at your price range and easy returns.
          Last edited by Gump; February 13, 2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gump View Post
            Wingtip in SF also has some nice shoes. But I think the majority of the nicer ones are priced well above $350. Maybe on sale?

Do you object to companies with a easy return policy? Because Kent Wang has beautiful shoes priced right at your price range and easy returns.
            QFTW Kent Wang shoes are gorgeous:

Comment

Originally posted by Gump View Post

At this point I'm not necessarily opposed to anything, just looking to evaluate all options right now. I appreciate the suggestions. I've been in Bloomingdales and Nordstroms but not entirely up to speed on the quality of some of the brands they stock.

Comment

Truthfully the majority of the brands they stock aren't really worth it. They tend to be fashion brands with a poor quality/price ratio. Some of the shoes are well built, but they tend to be marked up due to the brand.

Comment

I'll second Acoustic's recommendation of To Boot New York. Saks Off 5th may be the best place to look for them. I've got a pair of snuff suede brogues for $160. They also tend to stock a much of Magnannis at comparable prices as well.

Comment

If you have access to Nordstrom, they carry Magnanni, which are great shoes made in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      I'll second Acoustic's recommendation of To Boot New York. Saks Off 5th may be the best place to look for them. I've got a pair of snuff suede brogues for $160. They also tend to stock a much of Magnannis at comparable prices as well.
                      I will third this. I recently got two pairs of To Boot New York at Saks Off 5th. I got a pair of walnut wingtips (looks just like AE Strands) for $120 and a pair of nice dark brown captoes for $150. Sizes are hit and miss, but they will do a store search and ship them to you for $7.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                        @shomas: you are in the city? I thought you were from NY
                        I am indeed in New York, but before I came out here, I lived for many years in the Bay Area. Lived in Oakland, worked in San Francisco. It was the first place other than where I grew up that I considered "home." I still have a lot of friends in the Bay and I still make it back once every couple of years. If I were to live anywhere other than New York, it'd be there.

Comment

Working...
                        X