Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men's Wearhouse shoe trees - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men's Wearhouse shoe trees - yay or nay?

Needing to get some more shoe trees, and saw that Men's Wearhouse is doing Buy one, get one free. Anyone have experience with these? The part going into the heel looks different than the typical AE/Woodlore ones, but they appear to be combination trees.

Appreciate any feedback.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/shop/p_...30_____default

Probably alright. Jos A Banks usually has some promotion every now and then for 7.50 shoe trees + free shipping over a certain amount.

Comment

IMO split toe are better than non.

Europrean/deluxe style are best though!

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
        IMO split toe are better than non.

Europrean/deluxe style are best though!
        I agree shadow, i have something similar to the one in the OP's post, and the split toe and i prefer the split toe by far, it conforms to the shape of the shoe much better. But any shoe tree is better than no shoe tree.
        "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

Those should do just fine.

Comment

I have them and use them and I'm sure they work fine, but they do not fill up the whole shoe. What I mean is that they fill the toe box, but the rest of the shoe does not rest on the wood itself. In contrast, the ones I purchased at Nordstrom rack fill up the entire shoe such that the leather is resting directly on the wood.

Comment

Nay! You can get the JAB/Woodlore trees for much cheaper and they are a better design. Heck for $20 you can get Woodlore Epics from Cedarville if you use the code cvsclub55 (for $5 off Epics) and they are way superior to those you linked to:
              http://www.cedarvillestore.com/p-14-...shoe-tree.aspx

Comment

I like the JAB ones. Will stock up next time they do a sale.
                I have a question, do you guys size up or down on the trees? Do you want the wood putting a good amount of tension on the toe or just enough to stretch out dents and wrinkles? I know that sizing up wicks moisture better, since it's in direct contact with a greater surface area.

Comment

I had a $50 gift card the MW and bought a bunch of the shoe trees since they were running a BOGO promotion and then some other discount on top. Seemed perfect since I was never gonna buy anything else there. As far as free shoe trees go I could've done worse.

Comment

The JAB ones aren't these are they

Cause those SUCK, really bad, I have 1 pair and they barely shape the toe box, You'd be better of crumpling news paper and shoving it in hah.

Comment

Working...
                    X