Blue or Black Dial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buffalobills12 View Post
    One more question while we are on the subject of the ray: Do I need a certain tool to adjust the chain length on the original watch strap? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks again gents.
    The pins are just friction fitted. Anything metal, rigid and small enough to fit in the hole will work. Nail, push pin, jewelers screw driver, etc. Pliers and a hammer for those stubborn ones.

Comment

I just returned a blue-faced Hamilton watch. I was convinced that the face of it looked like a decal instead of a real watch at certain angles.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobills12 View Post
        One more question while we are on the subject of the ray: Do I need a certain tool to adjust the chain length on the original watch strap? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks again gents.
        I used a thumb tack to adjust my mako. Probably but ideal, but I got tired of nut being able to wear the watch and not being able to find a reasonably priced proper tool in a brick and mortar.

Also of note: not sure if the Ray will be the same, but the blue dial was considerably darker than I expected.

Comment

Definitely blue. I have a blue faced seiko with stainless steel band and there is literally nothing it doesn't go with. It's kind of like a navy blazer. I could see the black faced one not quite working with certain combinations. Plus if you can have a subtle pop of color in your outfit, you might as well do it.

Comment

I vote for the Blue Ray. I've had mine for a number of months now and absolutely love it. The blue just has a great depth to it and can appear black in different lighting. I think you'd be happy with it.

Comment

I have an orient mako in blue. I used a paperclip to remove the pin on one link in the steel bracelet. Then, like heister said, there should also be some small holes the clasp, allowing you to fine tune the size of the band. 15 minutes was all it took me to get the perfect fit on my steel bracelet.

Comment

Working...
              X