Boxer briefs that don't stretch out in the leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer briefs that don't stretch out in the leg

The subject says it all. I feel like whenever I wear boxer briefs, they fit awesome in the morning...and by nighttime, the leg is all stretched out and baggy and unattractive. I have one random pair made of some stretch material that doesn't have this problem, but other than those, it's pretty consistent.

Anyone have specific recommendations for BBs that don't do this?

I discovered Exofficio- they are easily the best BB I've ever worn. They haven't stretched out yet in the legs. But there are two types of them- not sure what the difference is when ordering but one is baggier than the other- I have one pair of the baggier type- I think it's an older model. These are all I have now- bought them from Amazon and the only B&M store I could find them in was Blue Mountain Sporting Goods. They are anywhere from $18-$25 bucks a pair. The wick moisture away like nothing I've ever had (made from nylon, lycra, and spandex- but don't laugh, these aren't chick drawers) Over the years I've gone from H&M, Haynes, Claiborne, Calvin's, Walmart and Target house brands, Ralph, and even Starter. These top them all. Size runs true.

Comment

I have a pair of Under Armour BBs and a pair of BBs that I picked up at a travel store before my trip to Italy a couple of summers ago. Both are made of a dry fit stretch material and stay fitted all day. They may not be the most "stylish" choice, but they are extremely comfortable to me and don't bunch up like other cotton pairs I have.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
        I discovered Exofficio- they are easily the best BB I've ever worn. They haven't stretched out yet in the legs. But there are two types of them- not sure what the difference is when ordering but one is baggier than the other- I have one pair of the baggier type- I think it's an older model. These are all I have now- bought them from Amazon and the only B&M store I could find them in was Blue Mountain Sporting Goods. They are anywhere from $18-$25 bucks a pair. The wick moisture away like nothing I've ever had (made from nylon, lycra, and spandex- but don't laugh, these aren't chick drawers) Over the years I've gone from H&M, Haynes, Claiborne, Calvin's, Walmart and Target house brands, Ralph, and even Starter. These top them all. Size runs true.
        I just checked and the pair that I picked up at the travel store happened to be Exofficio too. I would agree that they are excellent.

Comment

Funny enough, I actually have a couple pairs of Exofficio BBs for working out, and I agree they're awesome. But I probably wouldn't wear em on a date because to me they pretty much look like straight up sports underwear...I don't know, just feel like they wouldn't look right under some dark denim.

Comment

@brooklyn 87- ok, are you dating superwoman- is she looking through your dark denim?

Comment

I agree - they do get into the sports BB category- but I've used them in everything I've got- but that was before I discovered a lot of my clothes don't fit and some of what I thought matched- doesn't. But they're still a great BB

Comment

I own a pair of the Exofficio's and I like them. I also own a pair of these:

They aren't cheap. Also, they are technically "trunks" but CK makes a pair of BBs in the same material. They feel pretty nice. I don't mind the shorter leg length of the trunk, but it might be a deal breaker for some. The plus side is that I don't have a problem with the leg stretching out with the trunks. But I haven't tried the Micro Modal BBs so YMMV.

I also have these Dockers brand BBs. They strech a little in the leg, but WAY less than the Jockey BBs I have. Good luck to you in your search. I myself am looking for (relatively) inexpensive BBs that don't stretch.

Comment

@ajk170 Haha, how'd you guess? Yup, either that or the dark denim is, ya know, actually coming off at some point...

Comment

Ah. I used to have that problem. The key is to look at the fabric content before you buy. Don't buy 100% cotton - instead, look for 97% cotton, 3% spandex - 95% cotton, 5% elastane, something like that. Sometimes they will be labeled "cotton stretch" and sometimes they won't, but they will always remain comfortable throughout the day and not stretch out.

Usually this fabric blend is more expensive, but as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Comment

hah Brooklyn, I don't think I've ever heard of a woman saying "Not happening now, that underwear is terrible" unless it's like that tide commercial...

Onto the topic now, anything that has spandex or moisture wicking types tend to not stretch I find. I've got hugo boss, adidas, joe boxer etc and all of them work great. The %100 cotton ones never recovered from when my legs were larger.

Comment

You could always switch to briefs.

I wear briefs/square leg trunks because my thighs are monstrous and the legs of boxer briefs inevitably bunch up on me. So I've found the best way to deal with problematic underwear legs is to do away with them altogether.
                        Ben

Comment

H&M trunks for $12/3 pack. So far I haven't had any problem with them stretching out and there are a lot of styles and colors. Very comfortable too. Not quite the level of CK micro modal but close enough and 1/5th of the price.

Comment

I was riddled with this problem for a long time, I tried all kinds of things. The trick as others have posited, is to find something that contains elastine or spandex. This solves the problem of them getting out of shape. I recently tried the BR stretch cotton trunk, and I'm not looking back. They are perfect. Literally don't even realize you are wearing them. Even though I recently had a bought a whole crop of GAP trunks, once I tried on a pair of the stretch trunk on a whim, I was sold. I bought enough pairs to last me thru the week. I've relegated the GAP cotton ones to sleepwear.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse....google.com%2F

Comment

Originally posted by heister View Post
                              Plus they have the advantage of making your bulge very obvious when you take them off.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PUu88nOcw

Comment

Working...
                              X