Quality cords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality cords

Any recommendations out there on quality cords? Gap had great colors last year, but they are pretty low quality and already falling apart. I tend to like a slimmer fit pant like Levi's 514s.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

I found some at my local Marshalls caring Paper Denim brand cords for 19$. they fit slim. I also picked up a pair at target this season. They seem alright. The inseam isnt accurate. I got a 34/30 and had to hem over 4 inches off the bottom. Try em on and see, they run I believe 22 @ target.

Comment

Macy's has the Levi's in cords. Haven't tried 'em.

Comment

Rugby University Cords. They're $89, but you should know to never buy from ANYWHERE for full price. They're having an insider sale pretty soon. I'll post about it.

They're quality cords, albeit a little pricey, but you didn't mention anything about price range...

Comment

The only pair of corduroy pants I own is from Levi's. I think they come in the same range of sizes as their normal jeans. A little expensive at full retail but not bad if you can wait for a sale.

Ben

Comment

I have a couple pairs of the new bonobos cords, they aren't quite as slim as 514s but a good fit otherwise. nice velvety texture though, great winter fabric. the inseams ran very long on both pairs, so I might get them tapered a bit when I get them hemmed.

Comment

Third the Levi's 514 cords.

Dockers also carries some, but they are in D3 (classic) and not as trim as the D1 or D2. Macy's had them on sale for $35 minus a 20% off coupon if you got it in the mail.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Thanks fellas, looks like I know what cords I'll be looking into.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

J. Crew makes great cords, particularly in their slimmer fits--very rich feeling wales and good colors. A little pricey but these usually go on sale at one point or another--definitely recommend!

Comment

I concur that the 514 cords are great... I just purchased a green pair and they fit exactly like my 514 jeans. Can't turn them down when you see them at Marshalls for $29.

Has anyone tried the LEC ones on sale... do they fit like the straight fit jeans?

twitter: @adg_ca
                    instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

I have a couple Bonobos cords. Both midweight and pin wale.

The pin wale are probably one of the most comfortable cords I've ever owned, and they've got a nice look. I like the mid weight ones as well, but there's nothing amazing about them, just good cords.

I had a great pair of Gap ones that I wore for a few seasons, probably the best I've ever owned (until the pin wales came along), but they wore pretty badly, and ended up looking pretty beat. But I did get a lot of use out of them, so I can't complain too much.

Comment

I'll have to agree with WesMan. J.Crew's cords are awesome. Several fits to choose from, good colors, and very comfortable. They almost feel like sweatpants when I have them on.

Comment

I second Bonobos. But now I may have to give J. Crew a try.

Comment

@MarcF, are the pin-wale cords what Bonobos calls Power Cords? I tried a pair and the fabric seemed pretty thin and chintzy, and the back pockets were both too wide and not centered properly (the right pocket bumped up right against the seam. could have just been a bad pair.

The new cords (e.g. the Khakitan) I like, good weight, nice texture, though the inseam came ridiculously long. Not sure how I feel about the contrast back pockets, but I can always sew similarly covered fabric over the lining I guess...

Comment

@trash, no, they're not the power cords. I'm not sure if the site is still offering pin wales, mine were the elepants I think (grey pin wales).

They are super soft, and have a nice amount stretch in them.

Comment

Working...
                              X