Blue suede bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue suede bucks

what kind of pants would you wear blue suede bucks with? Besides shorts. Just wondering b/c I bought a pair without thinking and I'm wondering if I should return them and grab a grey suede wingtip or buck instead.

Blue Suede Bucks would go very well with gray chinos/jeans

Comment

I agree with acousticfoodie. Another option would be khaki chinos. I would also wear them with a pair of light redish pants I have from j crew.

Comment

I'm in a similar boat joesmoe, so this thread is pretty timely. I ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds Players shoe in navy suede. They get in tomorrow, but I've been questioning myself the past few days.

Comment

Swiping Joe's header pic from a main page post:

He's wearing what appear to be white jeans (but possible they're very light grey, off-white, cream jeans or chinos? - I'm sticking with white jeans) with his BR blue suede bucks.

Here's the link to the whole review post:
          http://dappered.com/2012/07/long-ter...c-blue-suedes/

And another (earlier) one:
          http://dappered.com/2012/06/in-perso...public-suedes/

He states in the long term test article that he feels that "they seem to go with any pair of pants or shorts thrown at them."

He also mentions in the comments section of that article that he also doesn't have a problem wearing them with (blue) jeans.

Just a few nuggets from our esteemed leader and top Dappered-dog.

Now, *personally* I've worn blue suedes with tan/khaki chinos, grey chinos, blue jeans, grey jeans, and I just might try white jeans with some this summer.

Rock 'em if ya got 'em!

Comment

I have those same BR shoes that Joe reviewed. I mostly wore them with chinos. I did not try wearing them with blue chinos or jeans however. That seemed a bit too monotone to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              I have those same BR shoes that Joe reviewed. I mostly wore them with chinos. I did not try wearing them with blue chinos or jeans however. That seemed a bit too monotone to me.
              Yeah, I too avoided pairing mine with blue chinos, but I have worn some with blue jeans, both dark wash and medium.

Comment

And there's always this look:

Looks like it hurts, though. Better get them in steel-toe.

Comment

Depending on context and what else you're wearing, of course, I can't imagine blue suede shoes not going with just about any pair of pants. I'd rock those bad boys. I want some myself, though my preference probably would be some blue suede desert boots.

Comment

I picked up a pair of blue suede Bass shoes a few months ago. I have worn them with khaki colored chinos and jeans. I can't wait to wear with my seersucker pants this summer.

Comment

Blue is neutral so blue suede shoes should go with almost anything--brown, khaki, grey, olive green, denim. I don't think you'd want to try them with navy chinos, and the contrast with white jeans or chinos might be too much.

Comment

basically all of my thoughts exactly... I was just concerned if I may not get that much use out of them. might buy a grey suede wingtip anyway *shrugs* and if anyone was wondering I jumped on the whole Beckett Simonon thing and got these

Comment

Basically, all of my thoughts exactly mixed together... idk I was kinda apprensive at first after I purchased them cause I was afraid I wouldn't get much mileage out of them. might buy grey suede wingtips anyway *shrugs* I anyone was wondering, I jumped on the Beckett Simonon train and got these. considering switching the laces.

Comment

I think I've actually had more worries wearing my taupe/tan/beige suede bucks with a variety of pants.

They're not really a Clarks DB tan suede, but they seem to have a little more *yellow* in the hue. Dunno. Something like that.

They seem to clash a bit with khaki chinos and grey chinos; two pair of seasonal pants with which I had hoped to wear them. Similar in hue, but seemingly an odd match.

They work best with dark denim or white chinos/jeans. And actually a couple pairs of a sorta-muted(?) chinos too (greyish-blue and green) - but even those are a little iffy, IMO. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I guess what I'm saying is regarding this particular pair of shoes I'm talking about, I think I'd rather have grey suede. Not that you necessarily care, but hey I've already typed this, so I'm gonna go ahead and *submit*.

Comment

Grey is good. In fact, I'm looking for a replacement pair of Clarks DBs in dark grey suede. I also wouldn't mind blue, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X