No announcement yet.

Tom Ford's 15 Things Every Man Should Have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't hit the article here from work (firewall, I presume), but I can't imagine Tom Ford leaving cologne off of his list, seeing how he has a pretty pricey line of it bearing his name. Fragrances are one of my interests/weakness, so I disagree with what appears to be the majority here in this post. Actually, I guess I don't think that *every* man should have some; but I sure love my "collection."

My faves are Creeds (#1 being Aventus, followed by Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial), but I also have been rockin' some of Tom's own Tobacco Vanille this winter. Smooooooooooooove.

I'll have to read the whole article at home, or via my phone. Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, without reading it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Thekillabeejc View Post
      15. A Great Smile 'Perfect teeth - if you don't have them, save up and have them fixed" ... has anyone ever seen Tom Ford's teeth? I always assumed his mouth was sewn shut.
      He smiles quite nicely in interviews and then there's the Boxing photo shoot...

Of the ones in which he is showing teeth, this one is probably the least awkward to post, as opposed to the smiling in the shower photo:

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      I can't hit the article here from work (firewall, I presume), but I can't imagine Tom Ford leaving cologne off of his list, seeing how he has a pretty pricey line of it bearing his name. Fragrances are one of my interests/weakness, so I disagree with what appears to be the majority here in this post. Actually, I guess I don't think that *every* man should have some; but I sure love my "collection."

My faves are Creeds (#1 being Aventus, followed by Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial), but I also have been rockin' some of Tom's own Tobacco Vanille this winter. Smooooooooooooove.

I'll have to read the whole article at home, or via my phone. Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, without reading it first.
      Tobacco Vanille... mmmm.

This sound proceeds in my head as I take a whiff of it: Mmmmm

Comment

I don't necesarilly agree with number 3. There's nothing wrong with staying active but some of us are just not athletically gifted at all. I don't count working out as a sport.

I agree with everyone about the cologne. Like lesser black dog, I use detergent and fabric softener without any dyes or perfumes. I think it's better for my clothes and the environment. I only use cologne on special occasions.

Comment

@Teej I don't know, my friends go to the gym and don't have kids etc and I have way better results; definitely not genetics as I was 150lbs forever
          I'm good at weight training and I'd classify that as something I'm quite good at and would offer advice, heck I held my own when talking to fitness competion women I met.

Every day is a special occasion!

Jean Paul Gauthier is amazing, I prefer it over Givenchy and Hugo Boss; when I was in vegas I bought it after spraying a sample on myself. So on the drive home friends GF was smelling the bottle and saying how great it smells...to which my friend chimed in with a "Yeah, I may turn gay here". Also I think every woman I've been close to has complimented it and asked what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post

11. How do you determine when underwear runs out
            For me it when a there is a hole in them or they start to stretch out too much in the waste band or other areas.

Comment

I have to agree with Cannon on the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille cologne. I bought some over New Years in Paris on impulse. I love it, but you just need a small amount. Especially at the cost.

Comment

he forgot #16

more lapel

Comment

I think many have seen this one before, but here are

Tom Ford's Five Easy Lessons in How to Be a Modern Gentleman

Which I like all of.

Comment

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
                    What's a "day watch?"
                    Less fancy/formal. Something you would wear to do life mundane chores like doing groceries.

Didn't realize cologne was so unpopular. I've always treated it like the equivalent to womens makeup, never leave home without it. I've had far too many compliments over the years to give it up. Plenty of close encounters with women, even if the cologne was just an excuse to get close or not to make it worth while.

Comment

Depending on what you do, I'd say a day watch is a sport watch or something casual (think metal band or nato strap). An evening watch would be classier looking and have a leather band.

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
                      What's a "day watch?"

Comment

Anyone else tired of lists on web pages in the form of slideshows?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                          I assume big sites do that for page and ad views.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                            It keeps people on the site longer. It only gets annoying when they embed ads in the slideshow itself.

Comment

Working...
                            X