J. Crew Factory Thompson: New or Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Crew Factory Thompson: New or Old?

Hello everyone. I am keeping my eye out for a sale on J. Crew Factory's site. Once that happens, I want to be ready. If I have the choice between the older Wool blend Thompson and the newer all-wool suit, which would you recommend? I am leaning towards the all-wool because it comes in Navy, and I am under the impression that it is a bit nicer. For $50 difference, I think it would be worth it. But who am I to judge? That is why I have come here to seek advice from the sages of Dapperdom. I have read a lot of threads on here about them, but I just wanted specific input on choosing between the two. Thanks!

I can't speak for the newer one but I love the original Thompson that I bought when it first came out. Even to this day I am amazed by the quality for the price I paid. I am waiting on a sale and then will pick up the navy chino pants to match the chino jacket I bought last year.

Comment

I've got both the gray and navy all-wool Thompson's and I really like both of them. They fit well OTR and and regularly get me compliments.

Comment

Alright, thanks for the info guys. I think I will just wait for a deal to come along and grab the all-wool one. Does anyone know if birthday codes or educator discounts stack with the typical 30% sales? I've emailed JCF but have not heard back anything yet.

Edit: They said they do not stack together, but were not explicit in whether they stacked with current sales.
        Last edited by RMac; February 12, 2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X