Turquoise Loafers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turquoise Loafers

For some reason, I really like these. Not sure how I would wear them though. Thoughts? http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...crosssell=true

The turquoise makes them super casual and, to me, kind of beachy/tropical. I'd say unless you have a good selection of other loafers, you'd be better served going with a color that has wider use across casual and more formal lines, i.e. brown.

Someone else feel free to weigh in, but I'd say they're too exclusively casual unless you're looking for a pair of loafers that are exclusively casual.

Comment

Like longshanks said, I couldn't see wearing those anywhere but the beach/pool, and even then I would say that there are far better options than those. However, for the price ($21), I would say take the plunge.

Comment

For $21, they're fine for a casual beach/resort event. Tell everyone these are the kind of shoes Aquaman wears for afternoon cocktails.

Comment

Originally posted by mjstevens View Post
          For some reason, I really like these. Not sure how I would wear them though. Thoughts? http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...crosssell=true
          Oh, good grief. You are kidding. Right?

Comment

I can see this working if paired with white chinos and a linen shirt with the sleeves rolled. Someplace tropical.

Comment

If you are stuck on that color I suggest you look at Sperry AOs in a turquoise color.

Comment

Turquoise Sperrys here

Comment

For $21, rock em. Anyone giving you crap about wearing them shall be dismissed as a "tasteless fool" - that's what I do when I wear my blue boat shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                    Oh, good grief. You are kidding. Right?
                    lol, those are some pretty unattractive shoes, but each thier own. i would avoid them because they are manmade uppers and lining meaning pleather if not plastic. They will last you a few wears but but i bet the color will change. The shoe is really very tropical as everyone has said, if you go on alot of tropical vacations then they are a good knockaround shoe. Not something I would consider in my everyday line-up.

Originally posted by kbrown View Post
                    I can see this working if paired with white chinos and a linen shirt with the sleeves rolled. Someplace tropical.
                    Exactly, even all linen and a straw hat lol...
                    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                    X