White Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Jeans

They're an obsession of mine. Or rather the obsession may be finding just the right pair.

I have some J. Crew officers chinos in white from about 4 years ago that I love to death, and the wear is showing--not sure how many more years they have in them.

I have some Levi's 514s that are pretty good.

And last fall I bought some Levi's 501s that I had a hard time finding the right fit with--what I ended up with is something that is a little tight in the waist and thighs but just right in the inseam. When I went up a size in the waist, they felt too baggy. So I don't know about those.

Anyway... here's a thread to talk about white jeans. Your preferred brands. Your ways to wear them. What you like about them. What you don't like about them.

Go for it.

I'm interested in getting the BR vintage straight 5 pockets that were mentioned not too long ago. Gap also has some 1969 slim canvas that I might check out this weekend

Comment

Presently I have a pair of Perry Ellis, slim-straight, IIRC. I've worn them one time.

This year I vow to wear them at least twice!

Seriously, I really want them to work. So I will focus on that when things get Springy around here.

Comment

I wear my white chinos all winter, actually. Sometimes I even break out the 514s. It feels different, a little daring even, to do this in winter. Usually wear them with some kind of blue shirt and often a navy cardigan.

Comment

Comment

Prefer off white, as discussed a bit here: http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...7319#post97319

Comment

Oops. Maybe we could rename this thread White Jeans Spring 2013. Sorry about that. But yeah, I wouldn't mind off-white, too. I'd like to pick up some of the "wheat" J. Crew jeans.

Comment

Looks like there's a new JCP White Denim Jean that looks promising.

Comment

I have a pair of wheat (or oatmeal, or something) 501s. Only worn them a few times too. Not sure why, but I usually grab darker pants. Usually.

Comment

I'd like to see some white chinos this year. Hoping the Crew will come out with something.

Comment

I wont be wearing white pants (of any kind) any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                        Oops. Maybe we could rename this thread White Jeans Spring 2013. Sorry about that. But yeah, I wouldn't mind off-white, too. I'd like to pick up some of the "wheat" J. Crew jeans.
                        I don't think it needs to be renamed, really. It was a more specific thread, so this one should be just fine for a general discussion.

The wheat color from J. Crew is exactly my kind of alternative to the white jean. White is too bright and too trendy for me. Off-white just gives it a more classic and versatile tone.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                          I wont be wearing white pants (of any kind) any time soon.
                          Not for me either. Dig 'em on women though!

Comment

I have a pair of white pants that I got from Target last year as part of their calaboration with The Webster. They are okay but I can only wear them once, without some kind of stain on them.

Comment

I tried on the JCP white denim instore - it was pretty decent, in my opinion. Didn't buy it because I already had a pair I'd picked up from Guess for only 26 - a bit long but it should shrink enough in the wash.

Couple things on white jeans:
                              1. I love them and they're great and they add flair to an outfit and all, but never, ever wear them if it's raining out.
                              2. Become best friends with your bleach bottle.

I find it rather hard to match casual shoes to them well though, any tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X