What's your weakness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your weakness?

I've realized for me it's shoes and watches. Outerwear to some extent as well. But mostly shoes and watches. If I see some shoes that I like at a good deal, it's hard for me to resist. I owned zero pairs of AE's a year ago and now I have 6. I'll rationalize the purchase saying these are different than all the other ones due to such and such.

With watches, if I see one I really like (assuming it's in a reasonable price range), I'll keep googling it and going back to it until I eventually give in and purchase one - hence my recent purchase of an Orient Millennium. What's your weakness (in terms of fashion/clothing)?

Leather, generally. Jackets, shoes, etc.

I have a semi-weakness with sport coats and watches. The difference is 1) I've learned not to buy sport coats I can't try on, and I'm rarely in stores and 2) my taste in watches is expensive, and those price tags are more than enough motivation to keep me from impulse purchases.

Comment

Outerwear. And sweaters, especially chunkier styles, like shawl collar cardigans.

I can't enough outerwear. Harringtons, fatigue jackets, whatever. Whenever I see something unlike what I have, I feel like I have to have. Particularly weak for the rugged styles, like fatigues, barn jackets, etc.

I also find myself obsessed with finding just the right pair of white jeans or white chinos, especially with warmer weather coming.

Comment

Watches, shoes and sport coats.

So far I am happy with the first 2. Well i bought the Rutledge today...that dang sale.

Still haven't found the right sport coat. I hoping when suitsupply comes to town they will have something i love.

Comment

JCrew Ludlow sport coats. They look awesome and fit me perfectly off the rack.

And ties. They are so easy to find cheap on eBay, I'm tempted to buy them all.

Comment

As if you couldn't tell from this thread (http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...Around-the-Net), shoes! Well, and pocket squares too.

Comment

Originally posted by McG View Post
              JCrew Ludlow sport coats. They look awesome and fit me perfectly off the rack.

And ties. They are so easy to find cheap on eBay, I'm tempted to buy them all.
              What size are you, McG? I'm considering a Ludlow purchase sometime in the near future and have been trying to collect all the fit info that I can (since I don't have a JCrew brick and mortar near me). Didn't even think about going the ebay route.

Comment

Outerwear (possibly because it's one of the few things I can regularly find that fits me) and then jewelry; rings, tie bars, cufflinks, watches. Shoes are probably a distant third.

Comment

Shoes. Specifially Italian. I pretty much wear the same stuff (jackets, ties, belts, watches, etc.) all the time but when it comes to shoes I hate to wear anything else. Other than my Red Wing 9011s.

Everything from the fit to the finish, the quality of the leather is just magic. Benchmade even better. They're shoes that I can spend all day in, for 24 hours, and don't ever need to take them off. What's great about shoes is that, here in California, I can wear them discretely, they get less attention than a sport coat or tie. Stylish people and people that know are the ones that notice and they're usually only complimentary.

Right now @ work, Ferragamo Tramezza Candido wingtips. It's like driving a 458 Italia every single day.

Comment

I don't really have a weakness per say, but I have obsessions. Just in the last few months:

Brown lace-ups: cured via Florieshm vintage Royal Imperials
                    Vintage Watch: cured via Omega Seamaster

My latest obsessions are the navy chino suit pants from JCF and a weekend bag.

Comment

Women. It's always been women.

Comment

Are they on sale at JCP?

Comment

Ties. I feel like I'm constantly buying ties. Every time I order something online, I'll include a tie in the purchase, and its worse when I'm at the store. Especially when they're on sale. And then there's the Tie Bar, which incentives making huge purchases with their flat shipping fee!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Women. It's always been women.
                            Man, ain't that the truth.

My weakness is shoes. Boots, specifically. And general accessories, I like the details to be in place.

Aaaand let's be perfectly honest here, my latest weakness has been scotch.
                            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

At the end of the day, if it comes down to a choice between a new garment and some alcohol, alcohol wins. For a long time now: Flying Dog Double Dog IPA. It has kept me warm all winter long.

Comment

Working...
                              X