Can this jacket be used as a blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this jacket be used as a blazer?

I'm currently eying a jacket similar to this: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...gram-suits.jsp in terms of color, style, and material and was wondering if it's too smooth to be worn with dark washed jeans. I'm guessing it is? Could it be worn well with anything other than the original pants?

Also does anybody know how the BR Monogram fit compares to their Tailored fit?

Personally I feel like grey jackets are easier to wear as blazers when they have some texture or pattern to them. I just associate grey worsted wools with suiting

Comment

I think your instinct is right, that it wouldn't be the best match with jeans. You might be able to find something it would go well with, but it will be on the dressier side to get the fabrics to match up. I suspect that jacket will always look best with the matching pants.

Comment

Doubtful. Since it's Monogram, I imagine it will be very smooth and sleek worsted wool, which would look a bit off with jeans.

Comment

Its def worsted, the fabric will not work orphaned. Generally you should stay away from grey if your thinking blazer unless its a a thicker brushed wool fabric like tweed or donegal.
          "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
          I>0<I

Comment

Working...
          X