Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then use the facebook one.

Comment

Whoops. I should've used the FBLIKE25 coupon code before ordering the windowpane shirt today.

I suck at this.

Anyways, here goes with Ratio for me! Looking forward to this shirt: http://dappered.com/2012/03/10-best-bets-for-75-or-less-march-2012/

For anyone else, just go like Ratio on Facebook to get a $25 coupon. You can place your first order with it. If you've already ordered from Ratio, you can still pick up the windowpane on sale until 3/25.

Comment

I decided not to order from Ratio. Charles Tyrwhitt tailored shirts fit me almost perfectly, and I can get them for $35-40. Brooks Brothers extra slim shirts also fit me well at $70 each (or $50 on sale). The $75-100 that Ratio asks is just too much for me.

Comment

Wearing my Ratio OCBD right now. Yeeeah buddy as it were..

Comment

CT & BB don't make shirts in my size. :-/

I hope this works out well!

Comment

Does anyone know if you can stack the Facebook and dappered codes? I would pay 50 bucks for the windowpane if you can stack.

Comment

@bobcat

They do not stack

Comment

I'm a huge Ratio fan, and my shirts from here on out will be either theirs or Blank Label. I've got the Ratio white oxford and it's a lot sturdier than I imagined. Now, if off the rack shirts fit, I'd probably fill the closet. Instead I'm slowly building up a small number of staples that fit perfectly. I don't wear them a lot, so I can get mileage from just a few. Sometimes having an odd size keeps the costs down in the long run.

Comment

Good point. I don't even look at dress shirts in stores any more.

At first, I was tempted to get a gingham and a candy stripe, but I kept thinking about it and felt a white twill and a white Oxford would be the best start. A couple other solids, etc. then progress to patterns. The windowpane is a fluke, but the next shirt will be the spendy white twill.

Comment

Good choice Nick.

I started with the Windowpane that Joe featured on Dappered months ago. Followed up with a solid white pinpoint shirt as my "go to" for wearing with a suit and tie, then the white OCBD, followed by the candy stripe blue & white OCBD.

Comment

Well...looks like I found my next experiment for online M2M. I try to support USA-based companies as much as possible, so it is a no brainer when I heard Ratio keeps their product state-side. Thanks!

Comment

I'm probably going to grab a shirt or two from Ratio, but I'm worried about the armholes being too high -- unlike a good portion of you guys, I'm tall (6'3) but not very thin (220-230 range, but not fat), and I have decent size shoulders and arms (think former athlete, not Jersey shore gym rat). Also, what length of shirt do you guys think? I assume I'll use Long for shirts I'll be tucking in, Reg for untucked (if i buy an OCBD for that use)... but any experience with these? Should I go to the Extra Long? Don't want to be swimming in it...

Comment

Interesting thought...I ought to measure a shirt that's a really good length for me and email them to see which option matches up with that.

Comment

Hmmmmm

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/ratio-custom-seersucker-shirts-071012

I like the idea in theory but curious what it is like in person. I have always thought of seersucker as part of a suit as in fine for pants or a jacket but never seen it as a shirting fabric. From the pictures they don't seem to give that obvious "Hey look seersucker!" vibe.

Anyone ever worn seersucker as a shirt before?

Comment

I did as a kid - one of my favorite shirts that I wore long after I should've handed it down.

Comment

Working...
                                X