Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fave brand of grey / brown wool trousers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greatish.ten
    replied
    I rotate three: $25 Express Producer cotton pants, $60 Banana Republic charcoal flannels, and $600 Incotex Super 120s (made in Italy).

I used to have some Ralph Lauren PL that were pretty good but got tired of the color (too light).

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    Yes, I really am looking to Howard Yount when I need to fill some dress-wardrobe gaps in the future. I have only read excellent things about their quality (and in the few cases I've seen where the quality was an issue) and their customer service.

Leave a comment:

• redbeardedmike
    replied
    This should not be a hate on Bonobos thread, but I agree that the standard trousers do not have a great feel. I sent back 2-3 pairs because the wool just didn't feel to be of high quality. I did buy a pair in 100s wool that felt a good bit nicer and I've kept them. I can't speak to construction or longevity because I have only worn them twice.

Oh, and I agree with the ~$70 threshold. If you are willing to pay full price, Howard Yount are in that range and reportedly much better quality.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    Originally posted by greg_s View Post
    I am admittedly not a Bonobos believer, I found the quality of their wool pants to be absolutely terrible, especially for the pricing. I would really stay away from those. Thin fabric and the thigh seams came apart on the 3rd wear.
    Sadly, I'd have to agree with this assessment. The fit is excellent, but the quality is not. They're also massively overpriced. I bought their wool pants when they were ~$70 each after Groupons and sales, and I feel that's what they're worth.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    I've had great luck with JCrew wool pants so far. The Factory ones are nice too, but there is a very noticeable difference in the fabric quality. I am admittedly not a Bonobos believer, I found the quality of their wool pants to be absolutely terrible, especially for the pricing. I would really stay away from those. Thin fabric and the thigh seams came apart on the 3rd wear.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    Originally posted by fash1on View Post
    jcpenney's stafford wool slim fit pants are a steal at 30$. and some are on clearance for even less. they have a real modern slim cut. at that price you can get a few pairs if you find your size. mine are fairly slim. so with the large butt you say you have, you'll have to try them on to see how they work.
    Love the Stafford wool pants.

Leave a comment:

• fash1on
    replied
    jcpenney's stafford wool slim fit pants are a steal at 30$. and some are on clearance for even less. they have a real modern slim cut. at that price you can get a few pairs if you find your size. mine are fairly slim. so with the large butt you say you have, you'll have to try them on to see how they work.

Leave a comment:

• Fred G. Unn
    replied
    Originally posted by justin2 View Post
    I have a fairly athletic build (read: a big bum) but a small waist so some of the slimmer cut brands (e.g. Club Monaco) have given me trouble in the past.

Cheers
    How about RL? My favorite pair of grey trousers are some RL flannels I got NWT on eBay for about $75. (I think list was well over $300.) I have also had problems with really slim brands but RL fits fine.

Leave a comment:

• justin2
    replied
    Originally posted by Gump View Post
    If you can find a pair on sale in you size at Howard Yount, those are probably my favorite.
    Those look amazing, just a little on the pricey side.. Might do some ebay searching.

Leave a comment:

• Gump
    replied
    If you can find a pair on sale in you size at Howard Yount, those are probably my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• akosmowski
    replied
    Have you tried Bonobos?

Leave a comment:

• justin2
    started a topic Fave brand of grey / brown wool trousers?

Fave brand of grey / brown wool trousers?

I am looking for some grey or brown trousers for a semi-casual work environment and was wondering what brands people have had luck with. I have a fairly athletic build (read: a big bum) but a small waist so some of the slimmer cut brands (e.g. Club Monaco) have given me trouble in the past.

Cheers
Working...
X