Kensington Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kensington Blazer

I was wondering how do you guys take care of it? In other words, it does wrinkle and is it okay to iron (what setting) and if I need to wash it? Also, if I do iron it, do I need to place a cloth/towel on it so there is no damage? I know its only $30 but pretty versatile and seems to be running out at the stores so I don't want to mess it up. Please let me know your experiences, thanks!

I just got my khaki one and have worn it just a few times, but if I do need to get wrinkles out I will use the steamer. If it gets dirty I will take it to the dry cleaner.

Comment

@bremersm- I have the khaki one as well. I'm taking it to Florida this weekend but the only pants I've ever paired it with is jeans and was wondering if you've found any other pants that work good with this jacket. I will wear jeans with it if that's all I have but would like at least one more option to wear with them.

Comment

I have have worn the blazer with navy BR trousers with a fair bit of success, but it does work best with dark jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenCox View Post
          @bremersm- I have the khaki one as well. I'm taking it to Florida this weekend but the only pants I've ever paired it with is jeans and was wondering if you've found any other pants that work good with this jacket. I will wear jeans with it if that's all I have but would like at least one more option to wear with them.
          I think you could easily pair it with a pair of chinos. I'm planning on picking it up soon and that's what I will be wearing it with.

Comment

I just use an iron and put it in the laundry

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
              I just use an iron and put it in the laundry
              You can launder it? That's good to know. I don't own it, so I haven't checked the care label, but that's good to know for when I do pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                You can launder it? That's good to know. I don't own it, so I haven't checked the care label, but that's good to know for when I do pick it up.
                The care label on the back say machine wash. Most people woudl still rather get it dry cleaned. I would as well if it were a more formal blazer, but it's really best used for casual purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                  The care label on the back say machine wash. Most people woudl still rather get it dry cleaned. I would as well if it were a more formal blazer, but it's really best used for casual purposes.
                  Thanks to all!

@Foodie, I have read the care instructions but I guess I didn't want to be the guy who screwed it up! And you're right, its a casual blazer so dry clean is uncalled for.

Comment

For what it's worth, I washed and dried mine before taking it to the tailor. It looked fine after. I plan on washing this one for sure though, but I'll hang dry and just steam iron.

Comment

do you guys feel that the collar rides up a little too high on your Kensingtons?

Comment

Originally posted by printyra View Post
                        do you guys feel that the collar rides up a little too high on your Kensingtons?
                        I haven't had any issues with mine.

Comment

Working...
                        X