Where to find slimmer shorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find slimmer shorts

Hi all! Just received a pair of shorts from Bonobos and I was pretty badly disappointed. While they looked great online, the length (7" inseam) is spot on, and I love their styling they are just too wide and baggy. I'm a really tall guy (6'5"+) and, as an endurance athlete, while I'm not totally un-muscular (except for my calves), my body fat is a little under 5%, factors which combine to make my quads pretty slim - definitely a lot slimmer than most guys'. So who sells shorts that are slimmer at the leg opening? I'm especially interested in 7" inseam shorts. Any help is appreciated.

Below are what the bonobos look like to give you an idea. Maybe it's hard to tell, but they're just pretty shapeless. They just kindof hang there.

I have a few pair of shorts from J Crew factory and really like them.
    http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/shorts.jsp

Comment

I have a few pair of Original Penguin shorts, that very quickly became my favorites. They are all the same style/cut (which IMO is pretty slim, fairly short but not *too* short), in khaki, light grey and dark grey. I want to say the style name was Whitfield, but a quick images google on that yields results that seem to look a bit different than mine. I'll have to check when I'm back home. They're really nice simple yet stylish shorts.

Oh, and I found them at some local discounters (Marshalls, TJ Maxx), so that particular style/cut may not be available from OP any longer. Sometimes those are last year's lines. Dunno.

Comment

I'm not as slim, but I find decently slim-fit shorts all over. Target (has a slim line), Gap, LEC, JCrew and JCrew Factory are all worth looking into.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I will second the JCF shorts, and that is a pretty decent price point unless you want to wait for a 40% off sale.

Comment

Actually, one last question. I know that chinos shrink quite a bit once washed (My bonobos pants slim out a decent ammount). How much should I expect shorts to slim in the wash? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X