I want to try a new brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to try a new brand

It seems like I am stuck in a rut. My wardrobe is mostly JCF, JCP, Bonobos, Ratio and not much else. With so many great new brands I want to try something new for Spring. I am thinking of the following: Ledbury or Proper Cloth. Anyone have any other suggestions for cool shirts?

Well, there are a ridiculous amount of options. Obviously ratio is in a different budget range than JCP/JCF and it seems like you're looking more upscale based on Ledbury/PC. There's always Brooks Bros Black Fleece and Thom Browne's proprietary line for cool shirts that aren't $400. If you're on the younger side, Acne, Band of Outsiders, Jil Sander, Wolf vs. Goat, and Rag & Bone are just a few examples with cool stuff. There's also Gitman Bros (Vintage) and Paul Smith for a wide range of shirts from way out there to subtle cool details. And you can always try out the more classic dress shirt makers like Canali, Brioni, and Kiton to name a few.

Comment

For shirts? Frank & Oak (no personal experience, but they have a solid reputation), Charles Tyrwhitt & TM Lewin, Neiman Marcus Trim Fit (via LastCall).

Comment

I'm interested in giving Charles Tyrwhitt a go this year at some point. I hear good things. My Frank and Oak shirts seem fit my body type really well. I really like Gants style too, especially for spring/summer shirts.
        My cocktail videos >

Comment

I am also to the point where I want to take a step up with my cloths as I fill the gaps and repurchase the basics. I like Frank & Oak, except it can be a bit of hit and miss with the fit and fabric. Just ordered my first shirt from Modern Tailor, and I am thinking that MTM is the way to go from here on. Having said that, I was actually just looking at Hugh and Crye and really like some of their shirts. Does anyone have any experience with them? I may try one of their sale shirts to test them out.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I have a few CT shirts and love them.

Comment

These guys apparently kill Charles Tyrwhitt and TM Lewin for fabric, they do have MOP buttons right off the bat.

http://www.harvieandhudson.com/

If you go with CT or TM lewin...make sure you get a sea island shirt, such a nice fabric.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                These guys apparently kill Charles Tyrwhitt and TM Lewin for fabric, they do have MOP buttons right off the bat.

http://www.harvieandhudson.com/
                I heard the same thing. They are even preferred to brooks bros. From what i read that they run a 3 for 99 pounds sale from time to time so I am waiting for that day. Until then Costco shirts fill the gap.

Comment

Working...
                X