No announcement yet.

Groomsmen ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think as said the motivation was to be able to pick a colour that will flatter each body shape (she has a bridesmaid who is quite big) and to buy them a dress that can be re-used. I think it also has to do with the fact that the last 2 weddings we went to were the same!

Any way thanks for the input so far. Here's a picture of the colour scheme for the flowers. I haven't actually considered whether the girls will have a coloured sash so I'll find that out!

Comment

Kent Wang also offers the shepherd's check in navy (although it looks more like a brighter blue in the online picture). I gather this is less traditional, but I like it better than the black version for a little color.

Comment

A colored plaid tie to match with the flowers an option?

Comment

Where do you find that one? I'll run the idea past the boss for her opinion

Comment

Originally posted by namenotspecified View Post
            Ben Silver has a bunch of plaid ties on sale right now:
            http://www.bensilver.com/Sale-Woven-Neckties.html
            I'm pretty sure all the "made in England" ties are by Drake's, probably my favorite tie maker. I'm not sure who makes the "made in France" ties, but Ben Silver always has top notch producers for all their products. (Crockett & Jones for shoes for example)

Comment

Originally posted by namenotspecified View Post
              That was the result of a random Google search. I checked thetiebar.com first. They had a few that were in the ballpark but not quite right so I gave up and tried Google. I was hoping to give you an example you could buy but didn't work out.

Comment

Best I could find to match: http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...1915/21915.jsp

The pink one.
                Last edited by JGL; February 9, 2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X