Polyester suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyester suits

I know, avoid them, they don't breathe well, they're shiny, they wear out quickly, etc. But, will anyone here admit to having and wearing any polyester suits? I almost bought one using the 20% code Macy's had (ended yesterday apparently), and today I was browsing around Overstock.com today and saw they have a 25% off sale on a bunch of suits. I stopped myself, but is a cheap wool (with polyester jacket lining) universally better than anything in polyester?

Yes.

I bought a tan poly suit at Palais Royal for like $100 (in middle school) and ended up hating it for all the reasons you listed.

If budget is an issue you should checkout the thirfting thread. I've bought almost all of my sport coats / blazers (3 for $15 ea) and one suit ($20) from Goodwill. 100% wool, some even cashmere. $0-50 each for tailoring costs.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I have a black INC suit that I bought after I received a lengthy email from my mother informing me that my grandma was about to die. (She did not, and is still alive.) At the time I had just lost 20 lbs. and was in the process of rebuilding my entire wardrobe. I didn't own single suit or even a dressy jacket that didn't fit like a sack.

It's a mostly poly blend, I don't remember specifically. I think it has wool, viscose, and rayon in there somewhere. I wore it as my go-to suit until I got the grey glen check BR suit that has usurped its place (100% wool). I don't wear the black one much anymore, mostly because I don't find black to be a very versatile color. But it fits well, looks decent, has held up, and I never noticed it being particularly stuffy or shiny. I keep it around as a backup to my grey suit these days.

Ben

Comment

If you're hitting the disco a polyester suit is fine, preferably white.

Comment

Working...
        X