Shrinking a lambswool sweater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrinking a lambswool sweater

Hey all, I was at UO today and bought a sweater that is 36% Nylon, 35% Lambswool, and 29% Acrylic. However, it is a little too big for me. It's a small, and I figured I could shrink it to to an extra-small size. However, I don't want to go overboard and end up shrinking it too much. Any advice on how to go about this? Cheers.

Every sweater is going to be different. But I throw my lambswool/cotton blend J Crew shawl collar cardigan from a few years back into the wash now and then because it grows. Cold water with Woolite. I even dry it, medium heat. It comes out nicely back to its original fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MattC View Post
      Hey all, I was at UO today and bought a sweater that is 36% Nylon, 35% Lambswool, and 29% Acrylic. However, it is a little too big for me. It's a small, and I figured I could shrink it to to an extra-small size. However, I don't want to go overboard and end up shrinking it too much. Any advice on how to go about this? Cheers.
      There are a few threads on this topic. But you will need a washing bag for the wool.
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Working...
      X