Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josec3
    replied
    If buying some new undershirts count...then i failed. Other than that....I was a wise man all month...

This was a blessing because it helped put me over the top on my engagement ring fund and now I am engaged!

Might have to do a no spend 2013 to pay for the wedding now....LOL

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Is that why you haven't been around much lately?
    Yeah, a big part of it. I remember Alan saying that staying off of Dappered saved money, and I completely agree! I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of AE boots last night. =)

Leave a comment:

• Redford
    replied
    I bought the double monks from Shoebuy for $55 via the V.me deal. I bought and returned things at JCP and ended up about even. I bought but then returned a handful of other things that I was only going to keep if I really really liked. Today I bought a few of the JCP Gingham broad cloth shirts but it's a new month So like I said, this was mostly to make a conscious effort to cut back on spending money on clothes and I think I succeeded at that.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
    I haven't bought any clothes since October since moving to California was my fiscal cliff, and I've had to impose a sequestration on spending.
    Is that why you haven't been around much lately?

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    Originally posted by auronblue View Post
    Woo hoo! It's over and I held out the whole month. Congrats to all who made it. Now let's go reward ourselves:-)
    *stops spending for a month to save*
    *celebrates by blowing savings*
    #dapperedlogic

Sorta like going a month without alcohol to curb your alcoholism, and then celebrating with ten beers, isn't it? =P

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied
    I haven't bought any clothes since October since moving to California was my fiscal cliff, and I've had to impose a sequestration on spending.

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    I tried to purchase 5 shirts with the Charles Tyrwhitt deal, but they canceled it. So technically I made no clothing purchases.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    I *returned* about $700 worth of stuff, so I had some cushion. I did make a couple thrift purchases ($5 shoes, $6 shine box, $1 cigar box), and I bought a ridiculously marked down sportcoat from Marshalls ($29).

So by strict rules (no spend) I failed. However, in spirit (and for actual accounting purposes) I won!

I'll just consider it a very solid personal restraint month and be happy with that, so thanks for the idea. Now, off to spend spend spend!

Leave a comment:

• auronblue
    replied
    Woo hoo! It's over and I held out the whole month. Congrats to all who made it. Now let's go reward ourselves:-)

Leave a comment:

• Jessy Diamond
    replied
    So, any survivors?

I did pretty well, didn't buy anything that wasn't food, hygiene, health or work-related.

Now that February is over, I "need" to buy myself a birthday gift, so the no-spend ends today.

Leave a comment:

• Stepping It Up
    replied
    Uh oh look what you did now...

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...0-479987aa5255

Though you're probably not shopping at Walmart. Might be a good time to look for deals in general, I think most people are holding back on buying while they try to figure out what happened to their paychecks (FICA taxes hiked).

Leave a comment:

• Acousticfoodie
    replied
    Picked up some loafers...still haven't bought anything "new" technically tho! Oh who am I kidding...I FAIL.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    I almost pulled the trigger on this a few hours ago during the Gilt closeout sale. It's John Varvatos jacket that is regularly $500 and was marked down to $125. It was final sale so no returns and I had promised my wife I wouldn't buy anymore stuff so I had to pass.

Leave a comment:

• bremersm
    replied
    I have only bought the Bespoke Post Weekender and a pocket square this month, but I am planning not to shop at all during Lent; like I did last year. Lent started Wednesday so I still have a ways to go. Easter is March 31st so I have a ways to go. I am accumulating quite the list for post Lent.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by auronblue View Post
    Well we're over the halfway point of the month and I am still at net zero spending (did a couple exchanges, but no new purchases). How's everybody else doing?
    Besides a few very nominal thrifts, I have returned probably $700 worth of stuff this month. I *did* slip-up and actually make a purchase the other day, however. It's a wool-blend Tommy Hilfiger sportcoat. It was marked down at Marshalls to $29. The TH tag says $169, and Marshalls' regular price was $80. I wanted a similar blazer/sportcoat from BR, almost bought a Chaps one for $75 or so a few months back. So I figured for $29, WTH. It wasn't until I got back to my car that I remembered "no spend Feb." Ugh! Still, I'm way in-the-hole, if returns/negatives count. If not, then well I'm still *in* in spirit, I guess. It's a good exercise, if anything else.

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post101005

Leave a comment:

Working...
X