No announcement yet.

No Spend February?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *returned* about $700 worth of stuff, so I had some cushion. I did make a couple thrift purchases ($5 shoes, $6 shine box, $1 cigar box), and I bought a ridiculously marked down sportcoat from Marshalls ($29).

So by strict rules (no spend) I failed. However, in spirit (and for actual accounting purposes) I won!

I'll just consider it a very solid personal restraint month and be happy with that, so thanks for the idea. Now, off to spend spend spend!

Comment

I tried to purchase 5 shirts with the Charles Tyrwhitt deal, but they canceled it. So technically I made no clothing purchases.

Comment

I haven't bought any clothes since October since moving to California was my fiscal cliff, and I've had to impose a sequestration on spending.

Comment

Originally posted by auronblue View Post
          Woo hoo! It's over and I held out the whole month. Congrats to all who made it. Now let's go reward ourselves:-)
          *stops spending for a month to save*
          *celebrates by blowing savings*
          #dapperedlogic

Sorta like going a month without alcohol to curb your alcoholism, and then celebrating with ten beers, isn't it? =P

Comment

Originally posted by nicholascrawford View Post
            I haven't bought any clothes since October since moving to California was my fiscal cliff, and I've had to impose a sequestration on spending.
            Is that why you haven't been around much lately?

Comment

I bought the double monks from Shoebuy for $55 via the V.me deal. I bought and returned things at JCP and ended up about even. I bought but then returned a handful of other things that I was only going to keep if I really really liked. Today I bought a few of the JCP Gingham broad cloth shirts but it's a new month So like I said, this was mostly to make a conscious effort to cut back on spending money on clothes and I think I succeeded at that.
              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Is that why you haven't been around much lately?
                Yeah, a big part of it. I remember Alan saying that staying off of Dappered saved money, and I completely agree! I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of AE boots last night. =)

Comment

If buying some new undershirts count...then i failed. Other than that....I was a wise man all month...

This was a blessing because it helped put me over the top on my engagement ring fund and now I am engaged!

Might have to do a no spend 2013 to pay for the wedding now....LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X