No announcement yet.

No Spend February?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a few Target button down shirts (navy chambray, grey flannel with elbow patches) and a few pairs of socks on clearance. And bought a slightly used J. Crew cardigan on ebay. Still I've returned more stuff than I've bought so I still haven't spent anything out of pocket this month on new clothes

I dropped off my JCF 80/20 suit to the tailor to have the sleeves shortened and waist brought in, that's $70 out of pocket but needed to be done anyway. Need to find a cheaper tailor though!
    Last edited by Redford; February 9, 2013, 08:29 PM.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
      Picked up a few Target button down shirts (navy chambray, grey flannel with elbow patches) and a few pairs of socks on clearance. And bought a slightly used J. Crew cardigan on ebay. Still I've returned more stuff than I've bought so I still haven't spent anything out of pocket this month on new clothes

I dropped off my JCF 80/20 suit to the tailor to have the sleeves shortened and waist brought in, that's $70 out of pocket but needed to be done anyway. Need to find a cheaper tailor though!
      Was the target purchase in-store or online? Would love a link for the chambray shirt if you got it online.

Comment

It was in store, $7.48. This is shirt, looks like you can't use the inventory look up on the website. If you can find another way the DPCI is 079 02 6756 for the small, you'd add 1 to the last number per size larger.

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...&term=chambray
        Last edited by Redford; February 9, 2013, 09:00 PM.
        5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
          It's not really a contest (since I'm not offering anything to the "winner") just an effort to save money on frivolous things. So if you need a watch strap, or want to buy some more thrift stuff don't let this stop you. If you need to do an exchange and spend an extra $10-20 to get exactly what you want, that's cool too. Just don't go and exchange a $10 clearance shirt for some $500 suit. Well, unless you really want to.

I bought this watch adjustment kit last night: http://1saleaday.com/FixItTime/?CID=242692&AFID=178621

It's probably the same cheapo kit you see all the time but for a bit less.
          I bought a similiar kit a while back from 1sad, the kit is pretty good. The pieces aren't as crappy as i was expecting from that site.
          "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
          I>0<I

Comment

Well we're over the halfway point of the month and I am still at net zero spending (did a couple exchanges, but no new purchases). How's everybody else doing?

Comment

I'm out. Bought a Hickey Freeman blazer for $150. It normally retails for $695 and fits me great so I don't mind 'losing' this way.

Comment

@Vicious49- I agree. Too good of a deal to pass up. You're forgiven:-)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by auronblue View Post
                    Well we're over the halfway point of the month and I am still at net zero spending (did a couple exchanges, but no new purchases). How's everybody else doing?
                    Besides a few very nominal thrifts, I have returned probably $700 worth of stuff this month. I *did* slip-up and actually make a purchase the other day, however. It's a wool-blend Tommy Hilfiger sportcoat. It was marked down at Marshalls to $29. The TH tag says $169, and Marshalls' regular price was $80. I wanted a similar blazer/sportcoat from BR, almost bought a Chaps one for $75 or so a few months back. So I figured for $29, WTH. It wasn't until I got back to my car that I remembered "no spend Feb." Ugh! Still, I'm way in-the-hole, if returns/negatives count. If not, then well I'm still *in* in spirit, I guess. It's a good exercise, if anything else.

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post101005

Comment

I have only bought the Bespoke Post Weekender and a pocket square this month, but I am planning not to shop at all during Lent; like I did last year. Lent started Wednesday so I still have a ways to go. Easter is March 31st so I have a ways to go. I am accumulating quite the list for post Lent.

Comment

I almost pulled the trigger on this a few hours ago during the Gilt closeout sale. It's John Varvatos jacket that is regularly $500 and was marked down to $125. It was final sale so no returns and I had promised my wife I wouldn't buy anymore stuff so I had to pass.

Comment

Picked up some loafers...still haven't bought anything "new" technically tho! Oh who am I kidding...I FAIL.

Comment

Uh oh look what you did now...

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?p...0-479987aa5255

Though you're probably not shopping at Walmart. Might be a good time to look for deals in general, I think most people are holding back on buying while they try to figure out what happened to their paychecks (FICA taxes hiked).

Comment

So, any survivors?

I did pretty well, didn't buy anything that wasn't food, hygiene, health or work-related.

Now that February is over, I "need" to buy myself a birthday gift, so the no-spend ends today.

Comment

Woo hoo! It's over and I held out the whole month. Congrats to all who made it. Now let's go reward ourselves:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X