No Spend February?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redford View Post
    I think we can forgive AE shoebank purchases from yesterday. I'd have bought walnut Strands if they had them in my size.
    I forgot about that since technically it was February. I bought some AE's from the shoebank over the weekend as well. As long as those are being forgiven, I'm still in.

Comment

I have this 30% off one item at HM and man i almost lost my cool yesterday...
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

No way! There are too many things I need in an effort to revamp my wardrobe. So far after learning all about dressing properly from dappered and styleforum I've only purchased two pairs of Allen Edmonds and two pairs of J Crew chinos. I still need jeans, proper fitting/length button ups, etc etc. I budget well though so I think I'm OK.

Good luck guys!

Comment

I'm down for the cause as well. I'm still in my researching phase to put my wardrobe through a paradigm shift.

Plus it will help me save for an engagement ring.

Comment

Going to bow out this time around, mt bday month and lots of side projects paying out... But what the first NSC has taught me is to spend judiciously and walk away from a lot of sales. It's hard as I visit Dappered daily.
            Good luck, gents.

Comment

So two of the nice folks here bought me the Bespoke Post Weekender Bag via referrals

Tomorrow I'm doing my JCP exchanges. There's a clearance Claiborne cardigan I may exchange some JCP dress chinos (fit too baggy) and a persimmon OCBD (don't care for the color) for. Will be hard to not want to buy one of their new blazers.
              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

@Redford -that's a nifty way to get stuff without spending! I'm going to try my best to spend nothing on clothes this month, but my birthday is in early march so if I see a good deal it may be hard. I've been putting off some tailoring for months that I know I'll be doing soon, but otherwise I'm not intending to do any spending.

Comment

Haven't posted but I'm in. Really need to get some tailoring done, so maybe now I'll finally do it.

Comment

So...I ended up buying something...

Pretty much new LEC sandstone colorish blazer for $8: http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-trad...244414_59.html

Also picked up some Cole Haan Chelsea boots for $7

We did say no buying "new" stuff tho right? So technically...I'm still okay mayhaps!

Comment

No, you're breaking the rules. If those chelsea boots are size 10, I'll buy them off of you at cost so you maintain your no-spend promise.

Seriously, when you can get stuff like that... that's practically like finding money. Okay, I know that's actually very untrue and this mentality is what gets people into serious debt when sales come around, but damn those are good finds.

Comment

I want to buy a new strap for my new watch so bad but I'm trying to wait until the end of the month.

I did have to buy the wife something for valentines day but that's not for me so I should be ok. Either way, not getting her a gift was not an option.

Comment

What strap? What watch?

I'm tempted to say that this should be allowable, along the lines of tailoring a pre-existing item, so long as the cost of the strap is reasonable....
                          Ben

Comment

Ben - Orient millennium I bought last week. There's a pic of it in WIWT for yesterday. I want to get a brown hirsch duke strap for it that costs $37 since the metal strap that came with it feels a bit tinny to me (especially compared to my omega).

Comment

It's not really a contest (since I'm not offering anything to the "winner") just an effort to save money on frivolous things. So if you need a watch strap, or want to buy some more thrift stuff don't let this stop you. If you need to do an exchange and spend an extra $10-20 to get exactly what you want, that's cool too. Just don't go and exchange a $10 clearance shirt for some $500 suit. Well, unless you really want to.

I bought this watch adjustment kit last night: http://1saleaday.com/FixItTime/?CID=242692&AFID=178621

It's probably the same cheapo kit you see all the time but for a bit less.
                              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

I actually *returned* around $600 or so of stuff yesterday, so it looks like I have a little wriggle room. I'm going to try to do this too.

The only things I've acquired thus far this month were thrifted: that $5.50 pair of burgundy Florsheim cap toes, another old school shoe shine box for $6, and a wooden Partagas cigar box for a buck (empty, of course - just to store some knickknacks and such).

Comment

Working...
                                X