No announcement yet.

No Spend February?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will seriously be difficult since I'm sure I'll continue to read Dappered and r/frugalmalefashion (thanks or no thanks to whoever posted it here and got me hooked).

I kept buying stuff from the JCF final size just last week so I need to cool off for a bit. Also ordered some JCP stuff that hasn't come in yet. A few shirts and pants on clearance and that navy polka dot shirt. Currently have some BR and Levi's stuff to return but that was ordering extra stuff to get free shipping so no exchanges there. Might return the F&O Sweater I got as it's very thin, I could see the gingham shirt I tried it on with through it and may also return the flannel shirt that's coming on Monday depending on fit and if I like the material. Mostly bought those just to use up my credit and the sale prices were decent. Skipped this month's crate, nothing that interesting there. Also sending back a Bonobos Impresario shirt that just doesn't fit as slim as I'd like and is really just quite thin may have to snag a pair of pants on sale.

As for punishment I don't know... I'll think of something.
    Last edited by Redford; February 1, 2013, 08:49 PM.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Are we making this a general thing? I'm gonna have a no spending feb for everything except food, water and shelter

Comment

Well I will salute you all as I peruse the stores in February. I went over two weeks without any purchases or thrift hunting and it felt good. (Not as good as when it was over, but still...) I took the time to do more fashion education.

Comment

Shit. I just found a documentary about my car. Must... be... strong...

http://www.gnmovie.com/

Acoustic I would say be mindful of your other spending as well but you still have to live a little.

Comment

I'll give it a try. Although I really want a blazer from LE. I've just been waiting for a 30% sale to reappear before purchasing.

Comment

Considering how much this website has cost in the past 2 months, I will join also. Mind you, I did jump on some AE's yesterday from the shoebank and since its the first time ever purchasing AE's I ask to be forgiven from all. If so, I am in for the rest of the month. Gonna be tough though.....I am assuming all the winter items will be rock bottom clearance and I am not even close to updating my wardrobe!!

Comment

I'm in to. It's only for a month, and a short one at that. How hard can it be?

Comment

When did we do the first annual one; August? I think the prize for that was pretty sweet. I am planning on leading the annual one again and hope to line up a sweet prize.

Comment

All the good spring clothes will come in March, right? I'm in

Comment

I think we can forgive AE shoebank purchases from yesterday. I'd have bought walnut Strands if they had them in my size.

Comment

Lucked out today. Zilch at the JC clearance store. Zilch of interest at the real JC retail store. $50 gift card from JC is intact.

All we bought today was groceries for dinner and some beer.

Comment

Alright, I'm in. I didn't buy anything yesterday or today, I promise. Was supposed to buy a suit at the end of the month for my birthday, but decided to wait a few more months. I don't really need anything right now, so it should be easy.

Comment

I am in. I am actually going to use this as a starting point to see how long I can go without buying any articles of clothing. The goal is to pay down some debt and also push me to get creative with my current stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                              Lucked out today. Zilch at the JC clearance store. Zilch of interest at the real JC retail store. $50 gift card from JC is intact.

All we bought today was groceries for dinner and some beer.
                              Nah, can't really say I'm in. I went back to the JC clearance store and nabbed the Haylard navy striped nautical hoodie AND a lambswool crewneck in heather indigo. $35 total. The hoodie currently retails for $80, the clearance store price was $20, and there was a sale today that brought it to $15. The crewneck, from this F/W, was around $65 in the stores; clearance store had it for $30 and today's sale brought it down to $20. I could not pass these things up just for the sake of enrolling in this contest. I hope you understand.

Comment

I'm in too.

After buying the last few big pieces I was looking for during the last week of January, I'm only looking for a few things right now (a slim medium tall Crewneck Sweater in light grey, canvas belt, tacktilneck for Archer costume, and bowtie/cummerbund set) and they can all wait until spring. It'd probably be best to wait on the sweater anyway since they'll be slashed during end of season sales.

The only other thing I'd like to buy is some of the Brooks Brothers Park Avenues on clearance with the shoe bank because I like the idea of having them with rubber soles. However, my two pairs of regular AE Park Aves will more than do the trick for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X