Wooster and JCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    I hate logo-ed clothes. And that stuff is hardly prep. Even J. Crew is preppier. Those shirt patterns are terrible. Big fail, Nick.
    I sort of disagree. Not about the logos and some of the shirts being sort of hideous (or is it... avant garde? Who knows with someone like Wooster; I guess it could go either way), but that a place like J Crew is preppier. Note, first, that while the whole of J Crew tends to be pretty eclectic, they do actively cultivate a sense of preppiness in some of their clothes, so it's not as though it's the world's least preppy clothing store. Beyond that, I'd say what I can see of some of the chinos and a good portion of the shirts are... distinctly preppy! Though, honestly, not much more so than the jcp line, so who knows. Maybe there'll be more stuff trickling in. It's no RL, but I can see some pretty clear prep influences.

Personally, I don't need another outlet for clothing - between JCF, Gap, BR, LEC, Express, Target, and occasionally just regular J Crew, I already think we're pretty spoiled for options as far as decent fitting, stylish clothing at affordable price points go. What I'd really like to see is them leveraging their success with the Stafford wingtip/boot and that nice looking captoe chukka into some other options in equally affordable shoes/boots. imo that's far more difficult to find! They already seem to be doing this since I've come across a few pairs of colorful suede derbys/wingtips on their website recently. Admittedly, though, even if I don't plan on buying much of any of it, I am curious to see what Wooster's got in mind for their in-house brands.
    Last edited by pitseleh; February 2, 2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Has any tried out these socks by Pact? They were next the HS socks and seem to be of similar quality. They are organic cotton, and made with wind power.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
        Has any tried out these socks by Pact? They were next the HS socks and seem to be of similar quality. They are organic cotton, and made with wind power.
        I've seen those in my store and have been thinking about trying them out. They have some interesting color combos that I think would be nice for spring. And the fact that they are recycled material and made by windpower is pretty cool.

Comment

Picked up the Printed Poplin Polka Dirt shirt. Medium is a pretty good fit too for my 6'0, 185lb frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
            I've seen those in my store and have been thinking about trying them out. They have some interesting color combos that I think would be nice for spring. And the fact that they are recycled material and made by windpower is pretty cool.
            what is the $ on those?

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
              what is the $ on those?
              I think they are $6.

Comment

New JCP cotton blazer and other items are up on the JCP site. The oxford button down looks to be renamed and a different picture...hopefully fit didn't somehow change. I wore the JCP Dress shirt in white yesterday and was admiring the fit and feel after a wash or two. I like this line. White shirts I am more likely to buy cheaper as they tend to stain quicker but colored items I will buy more expensive lines.

Looking to go to the store to check out some styles but will not be for a couple of weeks

Comment

Unfortunately, some are saying that the oxford did change. There was a thread about it last week. Sounds like baggier arms was the biggest problem. The old ones were marked down to $10 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAD91 View Post
                    Unfortunately, some are saying that the oxford did change. There was a thread about it last week. Sounds like baggier arms was the biggest problem. The old ones were marked down to $10 last week.
                    I saw Joe's review of the Stafford line but didn't think it was the JCP line. Sad day.

Comment

Working...
                    X