Wooster and JCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooster and JCP

AM i the only one dying to see this spring/summer and beyon collections from JCP
    http://www.valetmag.com/personal-sho...ney-092012.php

this article just makes you want to go shop.
    "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

It doesn't seem like they've rolled it out yet...it's supposed to happen sometime today.

I also get my gray wool JCP blazer back from the tailor today. I'm excited to see how it came out. It's just a JCP kind of day.

Comment

Also very excited. Most intriguing to me are the blazers coming in, as well as the harris tweed for the fall...

Comment

I am pretty excited for the new JCP fall line. I can see them replacing JCrew Factory as my go to for clothing.

As I have mentioned before the brown wool trousers have quickly become my favorite pants. The feel and fit are amazing for what they cost. I am also wearing a modern fit white dress shirt today and must save I am very impressed with it.

Do you guys think Joe will do a write up on the new line? Does anyone know what time they will release it online?

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the new style injection overall; Ditto about the blazers that are coming. I'm definitely intrigued and will be watching reviews/first impressions pretty closely. Unfortunately I don't have a JCP brick and mortar close to me, so here's to hoping they get some rave reviews and I just might make the plunge online if some of their new pieces live up to the building expectations.

Comment

That grey blazer is sharp. I see JCP doing well in shop wars this year.

Nick Wooster has style. Not many people can rock a moustache like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
              It doesn't seem like they've rolled it out yet...it's supposed to happen sometime today.

I also get my gray wool JCP blazer back from the tailor today. I'm excited to see how it came out. It's just a JCP kind of day.
              Nice. Picking mine up today too. You get it on clearance for $60?

Comment

I'm really excited to see it. I currently work at a jcp but have not seen any of the new spring line. I am dying to see the blazers but they are not online. I am off work today, but I might go up to see if any of it is in store.

Comment

I stopped by JCP to pick up some clearance items (JCP polos, etc.). They did have some new stuff already in store.

There's a whole new "Stafford Prep" line that has some interesting pieces. There are some decent khakis, OCBDs, and (unfortunately) some pretty ugly shirts (logos and weird stripe/color combos).

I did like the navy Cotton Blazer for $50. It reminded me a bit of the Target Merona Kensington, but this one actually fit me better. They also had a pretty nice McQueen Jacket in Khaki for $50 that I think will be my go-to casual spring jacket.

There was also a new lightweight slim-fit Stafford blazer in a pretty loud plaid (can't find it on the website yet), but I kind of like it. Fit me pretty well, but I don't feel like spending the $95 on it. Wait for clearance I guess.

I also noticed JCP is trying a new way of communicating their "everyday low price" system by using "elsewhere" comparisons, e.g.: this shirt is $15 here, a similar shirt elsewhere would cost $25. It's not a completely fair comparison, but given the improvements in JCP house brand quality, maybe it's a good move for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ParkerRiley View Post
                    Nice. Picking mine up today too. You get it on clearance for $60?
                    Yeah and then -20% for $48, but spent $30 at the tailor to get it fitted all through the body. Can't wait to see how it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG Esq View Post
                      Yeah and then -20% for $48, but spent $30 at the tailor to get it fitted all through the body. Can't wait to see how it came out.
                      Weird, the JCP wool blazer was clearanced down to $24 at my store.

Comment

Joe just posted this on Facebook, thought I'd share over here. Thoughts?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/b...d=dept20000014

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
                          Joe just posted this on Facebook, thought I'd share over here. Thoughts?

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/men/b...d=dept20000014
                          I commented on the line earlier in the thread. The cotton blazer & McQueen jacket are pretty nice. Other stuff seems hit-or-miss; some of those shirts are FUGLY.

Comment

I'm not a fan of JCP's fits (you're going to have to spend $15 tailoring the shirts, so is it really that great of a deal?), but I ordered this thing and it's really fantastic:

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom//men/...mComboVal=null

Comment

Soooo the Stafford Prep logo is a very fierce looking Unicorn? I guess they ran out of animals to use for clothing logos. The navy cotton blazer is very tempting. Hopefully it doesn't fit too well or I'll have failed at No Spend February.
                              5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

Working...
                              X