Which is Dressier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is Dressier

As I posted in Recent Pick up thread I just got a vintage Omega Seamaster. The watch is from the early 60s and is in great shape.

My question is which of my two leather band watches is dressier? I would like to put a black leather band on that watch and a brown leather band of the other one. I have both black and brown for the Hamilton and will be replacing the band on the Omega as I don't like the band that it came with and it is not original.

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic

Omega Seamaster

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic
    94.44%
    Omega Seamaster
    5.56%
    Last edited by bremersm; January 30, 2013, 12:31 PM.

Fixed images.

Comment

my vote is the Jazz Master, its subdued and doesn't capture my eye. Whereas the seamasters would draw more of my attention due to the seconds hand. Although i think both can be worn dressy.
      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

The Jazzmaster is dressier. More elegantly shaped hands and markers, white dial, and the narrow, polished bezel make it dressy. It has some sporty elements (numerals at some points, sub-second markers) but on balance it looks cleaner and more polished than the Seamaster.
        Ben

Comment

It's interesting that the seamaster doesn't look a whole lot different than my Timex.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I will go ahead and order a brown leather band for the Omega and then put the black OEM band back on the Hamilton.

Anyone have luck with Crown and Buckle? Or can you recommend a place to get a band?

Comment

bremersm, I've had a hard time finding good quality dress watch bands. One piece of advice: skip Hadley-Roma's mid-tier bands (~$30). The stitching on mine came undone after less than 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                bremersm, I've had a hard time finding good quality dress watch bands. One piece of advice: skip Hadley-Roma's mid-tier bands (~$30). The stitching on mine came undone after less than 6 months.
                Thanks for the heads up. I mention C&B because Joe included them in a post and in talking to their customer support they are really nice to deal with. I am just not sure I want to skimp on a band for the Omega based on it's value.

Comment

Hirsch makes decent straps.

Comment

Originally posted by Chareth View Post
                    Hirsch makes decent straps.
                    Thanks for the heads up on them.

What do you guys think of this one?

Comment

leather looks amazing and supple
                      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up on them.

What do you guys think of this one?

It's a nice dress strap. I have the same (or similar) one in a lighter brown that's been picking up a nice patina recently.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                          With the exception of the buckle, that looks identical to the strap that came on the victorinox I'm wearing right now. I think it looks great

Comment

I just placed an order for that Hirsch with a deployant clasp. After having one on my Hamilton I just can't stand the traditional buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                              my vote is the Jazz Master, its subdued and doesn't capture my eye. Whereas the seamasters would draw more of my attention due to the seconds hand. Although i think both can be worn dressy.
                              ^^^ This. Although I love that Seamaster!

Comment

Working...
                              X