AE for BB and re-soling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE for BB and re-soling

I recall reading somewhere that Allen Edmonds doesn't offer their re-soling service for shoes they make for Brooks Brothers. Is that true? Does it matter?

I have my eye on a pair of welted AE for BB seconds so I just want to make sure: a) that I'm remembering correctly about their re-soling policy, and b) that I'd still be able to get them re-soled, eventually, only through a local cobbler and not through AE.

I've quoted the same thing but someone went ahead and called AE and asked if they will recraft the AE BB shoes and they said they would. Recrafting involves more than just resoling. If you'd like confirmation give them a call and ask.
    5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

They will recraft BB labeled AEs.

However, depending on the partnership (between BB and AE) at the time that you try recraft, they may or may not be able to recraft to BB's specifications which may be slightly different than the standard AE spec. Worst case, you'll get a standard AE back, as opposed to what you originally got from BB.

Comment

Cool, thanks, guys. The customer service rep confirm that they'll do recrafting on them so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Comment

Yeah; during the BB 2 for $300 seconds sale, I used AE's online chat with customer service who confirmed that they would offer recrafting services on them. But, like others said, would be worth your time to confirm that yourself by contacting AE.

Comment

Working...
          X