Boat shoe/summer casual alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Eh View Post
    Alright, I'm kinda new to the boat shoe game, so can you tell me what's exactly wrong with the Timberlands? And what Sperry's would you recommend?
    Sorry if what I said was misunderstood. I actually liked the Timberlands, to some extent. I did NOT like the Sebago (or whatever the first option you listed was). That first option was the one to which I voted my "no." The Timberlands have more the boat-shoe look. As MaxMan said here, the first is more of a hybrid look. I've owned a pair similar to those, but I have since donated them. I personally think your best bet is a traditional boat-shoe design, in whatever color combo you dig.

I currently have the two pair I describe/post in an earlier post/reply:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ll=1#post97340

Again, the color combos are where I feel comfortable with choice. I just think the more-traditional *design*/structure of the boat shoe is better left alone. Just my opinion. Obviously you should wear what you like.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. To be honest, the only reason I am considering those 2 pairs is because they are on clearance at the local department store and I thought they looked neat. I have never actually owned boat shoes before. I was kind of leaning towards the timberlands anyway. But if they are both that bad, it would be best if I pursue a better option. I do like the Sperry's you posted in that earlier thread.

Comment

I found Tretorns fit me small. I usually wear 9s but they pinched my toes. You might want to size up (or, better yet, try on in store if that's possible).

Comment

Size up how much? About a half size? I find I need to do that in Sperry cvo's. I wear an 11 in Jack Purcell but an 11 Sperry can pinch a little.

Comment

@Duvel - I'm really not sure as I returned the shoes and did not get another pair to find the right fit. Either a half or a full. If you can't try them on, I'd find a place with a good return policy (I bought them from Bonobos on sale, but they didn't have any bigger sizes when I returned them so I couldn't reorder).

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X