No announcement yet.

Field & Crew: Heritage Watch on Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Deke As men's jeans got slimmer, it was only a matter of time before the codpiece came back. Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
      Lol, the good news, I stumbled across this one:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...j?ref=category
      Dude, I am sending this to everyone I know!!

Comment

I talked to Chris at Field and Crew. He states that the watch is 42mm; 45mm including crown. That makes it much easier to swallow as it's pretty much the same size as my Omega PO. With that said, I still prefer the 40mm size of my GMT II.

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
          Wouldn't you need special straps to fit that modified springbar? And while I like the idea of not needing tools, it really isn't that hard to remove and replace a springbar (though a bit tedious).
          The ones that come with that watch are modified slightly. I had a Christopher Ward watch that had a similar setup. If you want other bands, you can always swap those spring bars out.

Either way, after having owned the real thing, I have no desire to own this one.

Comment

I would... stay away.

~$200 for a Chinese movement in a 42mm case? NATO bands are interchangeable without springbar tools anyway... And if you're trying to use the "innovative" (Timex/others have the same thing...) springbars, you're locked into buying straps from the same company because normal straps won't be compatible. So if you buy a third party strap you're back to using normal springbars anyway, at which point what's the point of this Kickstarter?

Buy an actual (Seiko, Orient, CW in this price-point) watch, and either pick up a couple NATO straps ($12 at Crown & Buckle) to interchange or pick up a springbar tool for $5 (or less) on Amazon to swap out any band of your choice.
            Last edited by timosy; January 30, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
              pretty cool.

Those leather bands look like the ones from FFF
              It's not that it looks like it, it's that it IS it. They stole Shawn's pictures and photoshopped a JCrew Andros onto it. When he confronted them on Instagram about it, they deleted his posts. Stay away from this dishonest kickstarter.

Edit: Not to jump to conclusions, but with a shady vendor like Field and Crew appears to be, the original post becomes suspect. The OP only has posts in this thread and he's VERY enthusiastic. Just sayin'.
              Last edited by Figure.N9ne; January 30, 2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Figure.N9ne View Post
                It's not that it looks like it, it's that it IS it. They stole Shawn's pictures and photoshopped a JCrew Andros onto it. When he confronted them on Instagram about it, they deleted his posts. Stay away from this dishonest kickstarter.

Edit: Not to jump to conclusions, but with a shady vendor like Field and Crew appears to be, the original post becomes suspect. The OP only has posts in this thread and he's VERY enthusiastic. Just sayin'.
                If this is true, Shawn should contact Instagram, Kickstarter, and any other websites hosting these images and ask for their removal.

[Edit] I've contacted J.Crew to bring possible copyright infringement issues to their attention re: the evidently stolen Timex Andros images and design.
                Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 31, 2013, 02:01 AM.
                Ben

Comment

I have several watch straps that *already* utilize a smart-pin design; with the same tiny lever-type of mechanism. I want to say they are Allstrap, Voguestrap, or something similar. They can be found at Target, Walmart, etc.

Comment

Lol

http://dappered.com/2013/01/the-rip-...ud-watchbands/

(posting the link despite the fact that I'm sure ever person who posts on this forum has already seen it)

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1141 View Post
                      The watch bands have been redesigned to allow for access. Look at my original post!
                      I got that part, I meant other watch bands not from this company. At least for bands where the springbar is enclosed within the edge of the strap, not NATO-style straps that slip between the springbar and watch casing.

Comment

Originally posted by deke View Post
                        lol, the good news, i stumbled across this one:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...j?ref=category
                        is this real life???
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Talk about your all time backfires....
                          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                          X