Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field & Crew: Heritage Watch on Kickstarter

Hey guys-

Just backed this project on kickstarter. The Heritage watch has an automatic movement, sapphire crystal glass, water resistant to 500 feet. The cool thing I liked was the interchangeable watch bands. The creator redesigned the watch pin (smart pin system) and watch bands to be removed without any tooling required.

You can't beat it for $209.00 bucks! Even if it does look like other diver watches!

There are a few spots left- check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ization-on-you

http://www.fieldandcrew.com

Last edited by Jason1141; January 28, 2013, 05:03 PM.

pretty cool.

Those leather bands look like the ones from FFF
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Good looking watch. I might ponder over this. I've never backed a kickstarter, but I have been wanting a dive watch...

Comment

45mm case diameter is too big for me. I wonder if it's possibly a 43mm case but they measured the crown as well. Either way probably wouldn't really work for my small wrists. Also not really a fan of the logo.
        5'8" 155 lbs 39" chest 33" sleeves 33" waist

Comment

it's certainly nice but i would prefer the orient ray for about $120-140

Comment

The interchangeable bands is what sold me!

Comment

Literally an exact copy of the Timex Andros offered by J Crew
              http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...8137/48137.jsp

But it's automatic which, IMO, makes it that much better. Downside is the size. 45mm is way too big. If it were 42, I'd be all over it! Shame really.

Comment

Agree w/ Margo about taking the Orient Ray, especially considering how what you ask for and what you get on kickstarter can differ greatly.

Comment

I don't know why the "interchangeable watch strap" would sell anyone on this particular venture. It takes about five minutes to learn to change watch straps on your own, and once you learn, it takes about 20 seconds to do it. And you can buy any aftermarket strap that suits your fancy without having to worry about whether it will be compatible with these gimmicky little do-it-yourself springbars.

For the same price, you can buy an Orient Mako or Ray and have a watchmaker install a sapphire crystal in it for you.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Redford View Post
                    45mm case diameter is too big for me. I wonder if it's possibly a 43mm case but they measured the crown as well. Either way probably wouldn't really work for my small wrists. Also not really a fan of the logo.
                    I was wondering about the measurements too. In the pictures it didn't wear like a big watch, so I'm wondering if the crown was included in the 45mm.

Eh, I think I might just hold out and spring for a C. Ward one day.

Comment

@ Deke - The problem with the photos is that, as far as I can tell, they are just photoshopped mock-ups using the Timex Andros as a model (which is something like 38mm).
                      Ben

Comment

Lol, the good news, I stumbled across this one:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...j?ref=category

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1141 View Post
                          The interchangeable bands is what sold me!
                          You can do that with most watches.

Comment

Wouldn't you need special straps to fit that modified springbar? And while I like the idea of not needing tools, it really isn't that hard to remove and replace a springbar (though a bit tedious).

Comment

Originally posted by trash View Post
                              Wouldn't you need special straps to fit that modified springbar? And while I like the idea of not needing tools, it really isn't that hard to remove and replace a springbar (though a bit tedious).
                              The watch bands have been redesigned to allow for access. Look at my original post!

Comment

Working...
                              X