Question about collar pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about collar pins

I want to get one exactly like the one on the left on this picture. It's hard finding those in regular shops these days so I'm just asking my friend who's a jeweler to make me one. Obviously, he never made one before. He says it looks easy, he just needs to know what lenght and width it needs to have. Can you guys help me out with that?

I would assume its gauged to fit the hole in the collar, and the length should be custom to where you want the collar to sit when youre wearing the shirt.

If I had to ballpark it though, Id say a 6 gauge at 2.5" length. Id take him the shirt and have him measure everything while youre wearing it.

Comment

Oh yeah, I guess fitting the gauge to the hole in the collar goes without saying, I feel like a retard for not figuring out myself to begin with... lol

As for the length though, are there any uhm... guidelines as to how to get the right length for me? Or maybe I should just tell him to make it 2.5" long? Does it matter that much?

Comment

Thats out of my league! The "balls" should screw on to the "rod", so you'd wan't the length to be from the inside distance of the balls to where the collar sits while wearing.

Im sure theres a standard length for these, but if youre going to make it custom, you might as well go all out and have it custom fit to you!

Comment

I don't want to experiment too much though, since this friend has no experience with this sort of stuff so we both don't really know what we're doing. Although now that I think of it, it might also be a good idea to talk to the tailor who made the shirt about it, he might know.

Comment

The tie bar sells these. If you still want to go with having your friend making one, you could check their site to see the length.

Comment

Working...
            X