Need thoughts on the Lands' End Herringbone Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need thoughts on the Lands' End Herringbone Blazer

Recently bought the LE Blazer & Trouser set. It's lighter in person than on the website. There's also this optical illusion effect going on, like the lines are moving.

(Don't mind the sweet Nintendo shirt)

The blazer will have to brought in a little but, but it fits great. I like the pockets and the vibe, it has a professorial feel to it. But I'm not sure it'd get a lot of use, as someone who doesn't wear suits too often. What do you guys think? Deciding on returning it or just keeping the pants.

They seem a little much when put together, IMO - but you're right the shoulder looks good (at least from the angle depicted). And it's cotton, so you could potentially wear it more than 2x a year in Houston.

Comment

Both together, it does look a little overwhelming. I'm pretty sure the jacket would look good with some dark jeans. But in the spirit of minimizing, the jacket will go back.

Comment

Wearing it together is fine as long as you add contrast elsewhere: Shoes, shirt, pocket square. A tie or scarf.

Shorten those sleeves so that you can get a bit of shirt showing.

Comment

I would feel right at home in that suit while whiskey tasting in Scotland! I like it. Kind of reminds me of something Captain Hastings would wear in a Poirot episode.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a9VMtHDcmt...hastings+2.jpg

Comment

I bought the same suit. Sleeves were also a bit long, but the fit is fantastic otherwise. Much heavier fabric than I was expecting.

@RiveDroit: I can vouch for it looking good with jeans.

Comment

Working...
            X