This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REVIEW] Review of Mantorii Shoes

There was a thread a while ago about someone getting a pair of custom shoes from Mantorii and him saying he would get a review up. But since that hasn't come around yet I thought I would just quickly give my opinions on the pair of suede loafers I received. Essentially they make you a customized pair of shoes with a variety of style options, colors, and leathers starting at $299. They've been running a lot of 15% off coupons recently.

First off I'd have to say that their customer service has been excellent. I've got an email chain with close to 50 emails back and forth.

According to the emails, when you send in your measurements and foot tracings, they modify an existing last to your foot using an epoxy foam which they can later remove. Pretty useful if you have an unusual foot size. The standard last shape is pretty classic round toe. Fairly sleek. Here's how mine turned out:

Unfortunately my pair ended up being quite large so I have to send it back in for a remake. Which they were incredibly accommodating about. But it did allow me the chance to make some small changes to the construction of the shoe. I guess the defaults for their shoes is a rubber welt (which threw me off for a while) and soles stitched aloft. A quick email and the remake will have a leather welt and a concealed channeled sole for no extra cost.

Overall the construction is pretty good. Attention to details aren't perfect but good enough. I think it's excusable for a pair at this price that isn't automated in a factory setting. Goodyear welted and all that. The suede isn't as soft or smooth as a pair I have from Kent Wang (also made in Vietnam) but it still has a nice feel to it.

I would have to say I definitely recommend them but only if you have a specific design in mind in colors you cant find. If you have a normal foot and are in need of basics I would say you're better off buying from a RTW brand that's on sale. The attention small details might be slightly better and you could probably get them cheaper.
Working...
X