Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys store your pocket squares, cuff links, tie bars, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys store your pocket squares, cuff links, tie bars, etc?

Title is pretty self explanatory. Women have the luxury of jewelry boxes. Men, not so much. So curious about where you guys store your stuff?

Right now I just keep my pocket squares in a suit pocket and extras go in a box that the tie bar sent some in.

Cheers,
    M

Cufflinks in cufflink box
    Tie squares in a dresser drawer
    Tie Bars I don't bother with currently
    Collar stays in a box
    Watches in watch box

Comment

It depends on the item. Watches and cuff links go into a padded leather bag. Tie bars have their own boxes. Anything silk gets put in its own plastic bag to prevent water damage. Ties are rolled before being put into plastic bags.

Comment

I don't use one personally, but a valet tray is a pretty standard men's accessory for the storage of small items like watch, keys, wallet, cufflinks, tie bars, etc. It's basically a small organizer that you keep on top of your dresser (or wherever is convenient). They can range in design from fairly complex, with multiple compartments and even drawers, to basically a small leather bowl.

Ben

Comment

Automatic watches on Wolf Designs watch winder, cufflinks and collar stays in the accessory tray of winder, no tie bars or jewelry, pocket squares in a drawer.

Comment

I find my valet tray (which has compartments) really helpful and store most of my small accessories in it. It does have a way of getting full pretty quickly, though, so if you have a lot of watches or cufflinks or whatever, you may need to devise separate storage just for them. I don't own any watches, but if I owned even one my valet would be overcrowded. More than one and I'd need separate watch storage.

Comment

I keep all of the tins that new wallets come in and store odd & end items in those. Cuff links, tie bar, shirt stays, etc.

Some of those tins are pretty retro looking (Relic has a few with some cool designs on them), and can be left out on a dresser for a touch of color, but I store mine in a dresser drawer since I rarely use these items.

Comment

Ties get loosely rolled up and pocket squares get folded before going in a dresser drawer. Tie bars chill out on the top of my dresser along with my watches and sunglasses.

Comment

Eventually I would love to have something like this Gerstner....

Comment

ties I hang on a tie rack. Everything else goes into a shoe box of madness.

Comment

Working...
                    X