Caring for tumbled leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caring for tumbled leather?

So, I have a pair of Florsheim Havilands in the brown crazy horse leather which is tumbled and I'm wondering how to care for them? I've been applying leather conditioner once a month, but haven't been applying any shoe cream/polish since they don't look like they'd take a shine. Is the conditioner once per month all I need or am I missing something obvious?

Link to the shoe?

What are you using for a conditioner?

Generally with distressed leather, you wouldn't use polish, as you guessed. Cream will color it. Some sort of oil / wax will keep it from drying out and deteriorating - and maybe the conditioner you're using does this. So you may find that the color fades, and you'll want to use cream at some point.

Comment

I use lexol for all my shoes and here's the link http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12084-215.html it's the brown tumbled one.

Comment

I've used Lexol on the seats of my car, but never shoes, so I can't say for sure, but what you're doing should be ok. It does leave an oily finish that soaks in, and that is really what you want. If the color starts to fade, you can use a brown shoe cream to restore it. And I agree with not polishing those shoes.

Comment

Working...
        X