Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys..
    Please welcome my very last acquisition

After about one month read the thread, finally I've just pulled the trigger[emoji12]
    Cheers~

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      Well, I had a bunch of mod projects in progress and finally decided to do whatever it took too finish them. Now that they are all done I have too many watches.
      Have you posted these, and I've missed them? Would love to see them--I'm a big fan of mods.

And there is a microbrand preorder that I am getting in on for sure.

http://www.janistrading.com/blog/a-s...lray-part-two/
      Thanks for posting this. That's a pretty unique looking watch. Which dial are you leaning towards? I check Watchrecon pretty regularly for a Santa Cruz, but I never go their web page. I didn't realize they were doing a pre-order reissue. Now I'm in trouble.

Comment

[MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] I posted a couple and they sold within an hour or two of posting. Fast enough that I am considering doing some more just for the fun if I can get buyers. I have one more to post when I get stateside again in a few days.

Comment

I'd still love to get a black-faced 503 and do the silver hand and sapphire crystal mod that someone posted a couple months back! Wish I had some spare cash laying around to do it.

Comment

This thread has me hunting around for this very watch now. Not very many options available, though

Comment

Originally posted by Rpd362 View Post
              This thread has me hunting around for this very watch now. Not very many options available, though
              Yeah, even the black is getting hard to find. Forget about the blue.

Comment

Yeah, even the black is getting hard to find. Forget about the blue.
                Time to petition Casio for a new run of the model! I found one on eBay but shipping from the U.K. International sales always have me leery

Comment

Originally posted by Rpd362 View Post
                  That's interesting to see/read. I remember when I was on the hunt for the white faced version of the watch. I kept coming across the black one, but the white version was a different story. I'm guess you've tried the usual locations/spots/websites/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    That's interesting to see/read. I remember when I was on the hunt for the white faced version of the watch. I kept coming across the black one, but the white version was a different story. I'm guess you've tried the usual locations/spots/websites/whatever.
                    Didn't have time to post the link but there is a black dial available on eBay right now for $60 BIN. Just FYI

Comment

There ya go! Hopefully [MENTION=14240]Rpd362[/MENTION] saw the link/post and was able to pick up his watch. I think he was in the market for one.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        There ya go! Hopefully [MENTION=14240]Rpd362[/MENTION] saw the link/post and was able to pick up his watch. I think he was in the market for one.
                        Another one popped up. I am watching both of the auctions. I cannot get into the white face dial so the black one would be great. I already have an Orient Ray II with a blue face so not really looking for another watch like that. Black seems like it would be perfect since I do not have a black dial watch.

Comment

I've got one I could part with if the auctions don't pan out. It's been worn probably a dozen times but there are no scratches or blemishes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
                            I've got one I could part with if the auctions don't pan out. It's been worn probably a dozen times but there are no scratches or blemishes on it.
                            Oh really? Can I PM you for details?

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                                I'd still love to get a black-faced 503 and do the silver hand and sapphire crystal mod that someone posted a couple months back! Wish I had some spare cash laying around to do it.
                                I grabbed one on Amazon when they were in stock last year with the intent of modding it. I opted for white chrono and subdial hands because the silver hands that came on the watch were difficult to read. I also swapped the crystal with a cheap sapphire one sourced from ebay. If you can find one of these and have the tools, it's an inexpensive mod that I think really elevates the watch.

~David

Comment

Working...
                                X