Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
    Not really. Mine really only "clicks" when initially starting the chrono. The chrono pushers on this watch are pretty "squishy".
    thanks! my bottom pusher definitely has the same click as the top one (when it starts) and not the squishy feel. anyone thinks that grounds for exchange or do others have that, too?

    Comment


      Originally posted by Beernut View Post
      thanks! my bottom pusher definitely has the same click as the top one (when it starts) and not the squishy feel. anyone thinks that grounds for exchange or do others have that, too?
      No, mine is like that also, remember it's a $40 Casio chrono, it's not the best but it's a great looking watch, enjoy It!

      Comment


        Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
        No, mine is like that also, remember it's a $40 Casio chrono, it's not the best but it's a great looking watch, enjoy It!
        sounds good. thank you

        Comment


          Originally posted by Beernut View Post
          thanks! my bottom pusher definitely has the same click as the top one (when it starts) and not the squishy feel. anyone thinks that grounds for exchange or do others have that, too?
          I dont remember and I dont have mine with me. but for $40, considering most people rarely actually use the chrono, I wouldn't return it.

          Comment


            Yup, it took all of about two minutes to put enough scratches in the frame to render this unreturnable, and about ten minutes for me to want to take a hammer to the watch. It was a lot easier to take off once I took the links out and the band off as the band itself was getting in my way. Now I'm super satisfied with my purchase.

            Comment


              Originally posted by devastitis View Post
              Yup, it took all of about two minutes to put enough scratches in the frame to render this unreturnable, and about ten minutes for me to want to take a hammer to the watch. It was a lot easier to take off once I took the links out and the band off as the band itself was getting in my way. Now I'm super satisfied with my purchase.
              That was my issue too. I ended up removing some links to open it up, and then took off the band from the watch in 2 parts. Made it much easier.

              Comment


                yeah...release the micro-adjustment spring bar from the clasp and it opens up. Way easier to take links out or remove the bracelet that way.



                no, that isn't the casio bracelet, but same principle on almost all affordable realm bracelets.

                Comment


                  I'm amazed at the cult following this watch has developed.

                  I'm wearing my white dial after replacing the battery for the first time since buying it in 2011.
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    I'm amazed at the cult following this watch has developed.

                    I'm wearing my white dial after replacing the battery for the first time since buying it in 2011.
                    I have to do this too. The battery in it died a few weeks ago for the first time. Need to get it replaced so that I can start wearing it again. Though admittedly, it's taken a back seat since getting my Seamaster. [heart eyes emoji]

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      Gotta love reviving an old thread...

                      Quick (and easy?) question. Knowing that the white faced Casio is now around $120 - $160 depending on where you look, what's a reasonable price to purchase a used one? Prices seem to be all over the place. Or is it like most things in life, and it depends on what the buyer is willing to spend?
                      Testing the water here, but am considering selling my white faced EF-503D-7A. It has been worn (never in the water) but is in great shape overall. Cared for by a watch lover. Will post pics soon.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Soleful Strut View Post
                        Testing the water here, but am considering selling my white faced EF-503D-7A. It has been worn (never in the water) but is in great shape overall. Cared for by a watch lover. Will post pics soon.
                        If your price is reasonable, I don't think you'll have any problem selling it here.

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=2333]Soleful Strut[/MENTION] based on the amount of interest/love that has here, I don't think you'll have any issues finding a buyer.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Soleful Strut View Post
                            Testing the water here, but am considering selling my white faced EF-503D-7A. It has been worn (never in the water) but is in great shape overall. Cared for by a watch lover. Will post pics soon.
                            PM sent!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                              PM sent!
                              well that didnt take long. (not that I thought it would)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                                PM sent!
                                I am pleased for your patronage devastitis. May it exceed your expectations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X