Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casio EF503D: Poor man's (very poor) Speedy - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for $40? yeah, do that.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      for $40? yeah, do that.
      Yea I agree, that's less than I paid for mine and I got it used.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
        The black EF-503 is on sale on amazon for $40. I think it may be out of stock at the moment but it's letting me checkout and says estimated delivery on June 9 (with prime shipping) http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003UR...ds=casio+ef503
        Hat tip to [MENTION=15090]JohnG[/MENTION]
        Well snooze you lose as the saying goes. Just checked the link and the watch is back up to $89. Gotta love those quick flash sales.

Comment

Kicking myself for not buying as soon as I saw the sale price. I wanted to wait until I got home, see if the wife was ordering anything, blah blah yada yada and it was already back to $89 by the time I did. Lesson learned.

Comment

for an obscure item like this, you usually have a good chance of getting it at the crazy low price.

That is, until the Ferengi over at slickdeals get a whiff of it. then you've got about an hour or less before they cause it to go OOS or price shot back up, which is what happened in this case.

Comment

The market has been flooded with the black dial for a while. A quick ebay search for sold used pieces gets plenty of hits for under $50. I don't think it will be hard to find black dials in the future.
              Last edited by Rocco; June 6, 2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                The market has been flooded with the black dial for a while. A quick ebay search for sold used pieces gets plenty of hits for under $50. I don't think it will be hard to find black dials in the future.
                yeah, you guys should get a white dial instead...

Comment

Looks great! Did you punch the rally holes yourself? I've been looking for a suitable tan suede strap to convert to a rally for my latest pickup:

However, it has 19mm lugs which really limits my affordable choices. I have really wanted to get a white dial 503, but that Seiko I just picked up checks more of my boxes.

Comment

I ordered it from geckota straps. I am pretty happy with it. Doesn't have a glossy finish and should patina really nicely. Also, geckota publishes the lengths on most of the straps. For guys with a little wrist like me, it is very handy. All of the US prices are marked up by 20% so it goes lower when you put in your shipping address...assuming you are in US. Even though they ship from UK, I still got them in 3 days using the free standard shipping (orders $50 or over).

General info and pics
                    http://www.geckota.com/geckota-racin...r-watch-strap/

purchase link
                    https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-vintage-racing.php

Comment

Would love to. Just not ready to pay the going price for it at the moment.

Comment

For those who have this watch:

Is there a really distinct *click* when initially starting the chrono, and again when you reset it? It doesn't do it when I stop and resume, jus initial start and reset. Never had a chrono before so not sure if that's normal

Comment

I just received my Black EF503D from the Amazon sale. I don't think I've ever had a watch that was more of a pain in the ass to replace the band for a strap. Why did they design the band this way. It's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                            I just received my Black EF503D from the Amazon sale. I don't think I've ever had a watch that was more of a pain in the ass to replace the band for a strap. Why did they design the band this way. It's awful.
                            Yeah, that bracelet is awful... Send it to me so I can destroy it for you.

Is it getting the end links out that is hassling you? The solid end links make it tougher but I like the fact that they will never rattle like hollow end links do and they fit very tightly. Double-edged sword there.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                              Ugh. I have nightmares thinking back to the night I got my watch, exuberantly trying to take off the band to drop it on a NATO. I think it ended up taking me 3 days to get the thing off.

Comment

Originally posted by Beernut View Post
                                For those who have this watch:

Is there a really distinct *click* when initially starting the chrono, and again when you reset it? It doesn't do it when I stop and resume, jus initial start and reset. Never had a chrono before so not sure if that's normal
                                Not really. Mine really only "clicks" when initially starting the chrono. The chrono pushers on this watch are pretty "squishy".

Comment

Working...
                                X