Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other brands that fit exactly like Bonobos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other brands that fit exactly like Bonobos?

Ever since I tried an Oxford, I've been hooked. For my build, the shirts are a perfect midpoint between Medium and Large. I'd love to fill my entire wardrobe with Bonobos, but it isn't exactly GAP like with the prices. Is there any other brand at a lower price point that is doing what Bonobos is doing as far as fit is concerned?

This isn't much help in terms of your actual question, but what are your neck, chest, waist and arm measurements? Someone that is a close fit may be able to help you out.
    I have a ton of Bonobos pants, but I haven't pulled the trigger on a shirt yet. This is making me think about it though. What size did you get?

Comment

5'11 172lbs, waist 33 ' chest 41 , shoulders 48. Size medium in bonobos fits in both shoulders and waist. My main problem is in less expensive brands like gap or lec is that medium fits well in waist but is snug in shoulders. Love bonobos for the fit, wish the price was a bit lower.

Comment

Not sure what price levels you're looking for, but if you watch for discount codes (e.g. 30% off sale items which they just did recently) the shirts come in at a much more reasonable price. Alternatively, you could go for Gap/LEC and the like at a much lower price point and use the savings to get the shirts tailored how you like.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
          5'11 172lbs, waist 33 ' chest 41 , shoulders 48. Size medium in bonobos fits in both shoulders and waist. My main problem is in less expensive brands like gap or lec is that medium fits well in waist but is snug in shoulders. Love bonobos for the fit, wish the price was a bit lower.
          I've got pretty similar measurements. Same height, wt, waist. My chest is 43 and shoulders are 50.
          I agree on the shoulders of Gap stuff - too narrow for the most part but passable depending on the actual shirt I pick up. Everything from gap is on the boxy side to me though. I actually have a couple of LEC shirts that fit pretty well in medium, but I've had to send some back that were supposed to be the same cut.

I picked up a couple of shirts from Old Navy the other day just because they fit well. I don't think I've tried on anything from Old Navy in like 5 years, but I just happened to stop by to kill some time. The shirts were slim fit, roll sleeve. I typically don't like the roll sleeve shirts w/ that button on the outer sleeve, but I picked them up based on fit alone. I did a little surgery on the shirt to take off the "sleeve button" or whatever you call it and that fabric tab on the inside. I also took the pocket tab off of a few of them bc I didn't like it (just a little patience and a razor blade). They're by no means high quality shirts, but they're passable for me because they fit well... and they're under $30.

May be worth a shot:
          Link: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=329993002

I bought Medium

Bought a classic slim fit in Medium as well but it was just too tight on me up top:
          Link: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=897953292

Your chest and shoulders are a little narrower, so it may fit you really well. The shirt is under $20.
          They're out of mediums online right now, but maybe you'd have luck at a store.

Just like trash wrote though - if you find something relatively inexpensive that fits you well, a tailor can take it the sides. I've bought countless $20 - $30 sale/clearance shirts and took them to my tailor. For less than $50, I have a shirt that fits as well or better than my MTM shirts that were 2x as much.

Comment

Working...
          X