Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my new SELVEDGE jeans from BONOBOS SHRINK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my new SELVEDGE jeans from BONOBOS SHRINK?

This is my first pair of selvedge denim. Right now they fit perfect, especially in the length. I'm concerned that they will shrink though.
    I'm sure there is someone on here with experience and advice. I ordered a 32x32 and they don't have 32x34. I love these.

http://www.bonobos.com/hudson-river-...-selvage-denim
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

I have those and same as you the length is perfect. I keep it that way by washing them inside out in the gentle cycle with woolite dark and air drying indoors. So far so good. Also, I would wash them as spairigly as possible, pretty much until right before they are going to start to smell bad.

Comment

The inseam will shrink, but less so if you don't put them in the dryer.

Comment

To be clear, those are selvedge, not raw (not that I'm sure you've confused these, but just to clarify to anyone who may be). Raw denim is generally considered the tricky denim as far as sizing and shrinking. While raw denim is often made as selvedge denim, this Bonobos pair is strictly a dark wash with selvedge that has been through rinses that make any severe size change unlikely compared to the raw denim varieties, which have not had a final liquid contact to alter the sizing of the cotton denim after its been dyed.

Raw denim and its sizing (and the difference between that term and selvedge) is discussed here if you are interested:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...4503-Raw-Denim
        Last edited by Cannon; January 21, 2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

These are a little loose in the arse area. Should I return? or try to exchange for a 32x34 and shrink in wash? Also, do you think they will restock these and will I be able to exchange if they are no longer on sale?

Comment

Dave, I did not buy the selvedge denim but I did get the Roanoke dark rinse, I went down one size in the waist from my bonobos chino and it fit great after an hour or so break in, I def would not keep jeans that are already loose, as far as bonobos restocking that is anybody's guess, shoot them an email, they are great at answering.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleNelly View Post
              Dave, I did not buy the selvedge denim but I did get the Roanoke dark rinse, I went down one size in the waist from my bonobos chino and it fit great after an hour or so break in, I def would not keep jeans that are already loose, as far as bonobos restocking that is anybody's guess, shoot them an email, they are great at answering.
              The problem is they fit perfect in the legs. This is my first pair of bonobos pants, but I have sized down in the waist before and the pants have been way too tight. I don't have monster thighs or anything, but I don't have chicken legs either. I'll shoot them an email and hope for the best. Thanks for the advice.
              Last edited by Dave Porter; January 21, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Hmm - no one else with experience on whether Bonobos jeans shrink in the inseam? I just got a pair in the mail today. The inseam is perfect right now, but any shorter and I will look like I'm about to go wading. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a safer bet to exchange this pair for a longer inseam, just to be safe.
                Ben

Comment

Working...
                X