Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greg_s
    replied
    You need to just get the "image address" and copy it between the [img] tags you were using. I can't see your photobucket pics here but was able to go to the link and see the pics.

In the first picture, the left black shoe needs to go. I am not a fan of kiltie loafers (or whatever they are called) and I am not a fan of the shape of that one. So in the first picture, I would keep the shoes on the right. To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I would keep any shoes in the 2nd picture. Perhaps the brown chelsea boots, but they look strange possibly due to the angle of the photo.

There are a lot of threads floating around about building a shoe collection. I would look around. It really depends on how dressed up you need to be for work. If you have to wear a suit everyday, you are in need of some simple black or brown professional captoe shoes. If it is more casual, you have a lot more flexibility.

Leave a comment:

• Cwittneben
    replied
    Well... that last link was just a fail. I cannot seem to be able to post the pic for some reason. What I ordered was a Ted Baker London 'Agger 2' Chukka Boot Black

Leave a comment:

• Cwittneben
    started a topic Another help me update my shoes thread

Another help me update my shoes thread

Hi all and thank you so much for all your advice. I have been a lurker for a couple of weeks now and am more than confident any advice given will be golden. I work as a dental equipment sales rep and I am 33 years old. I don't know why but up until the last year I have only been mildly concerned about my dress. I'm not saying I didn't dress professionally but as you know that does not mean I always dressed well. I am on a mission to change that. Hopefully between help from the wife and you all I can make it happen.

I am between a 36 and 38 jacket and I have been wearing a 38 or 40 waist 30 length trouser. I plan on starting a workout program when I return from chilly Minnesotta on the 8th. After looking at photos from just a few years ago I realize I desperately need to lose the added lbs. This leads me to planning out a proper wardrobe upgrade. My thought is to upgrade shoes and ties first in hopes I will need new suits upon losing the weight. I ordered a several ties from thetiebar.com along with 2 more tie bars and a few pocket squares.

Please take a look at my current shoe selection and let me know what I should get rid of or add to the collection.

Thank you in advance!

And I just ordered these...
    Last edited by greg_s; January 21, 2013, 11:15 AM.
Working...
X