I'll try to take some when I get home tonight

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

got pics of the wheels JC?

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

Great post! I have a pair of beat up old Thom McAnn longwings that are a kind of reddish brown with a lot of character that I thrifted years ago and just rejuvenated with Lexol and Meltonian polish a couple weeks ago... They need some laces, then I was thinking of making them my weekend kick around shoes. I was thinking maybe red. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• MagM
    replied

Thought about doing that, but these are my dirty no-one-cares shoes, thought the bar might seem out of place. I do have one pair I did up that way, from Bonobos:

I never know what to do with the compliments I get while wearing these.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

LOL, i have the same exact pair of LEC's got em for 13 bucks, i haggled with the lady at Sears...I also have the same laces, Primer actually stole the look from the guy that runs that blog anafforadablewardrobe, he had that post like 4 yrs ago... but i used the leather laces. I like the look its def a dfferentiator for the boring white laces...I used this lacing method from ians website

Leave a comment:

• YackoYak
    replied

I like it a lot. If I had canvass shoes I'd rock it. Makes them look expensive IMO. Brown is a great choice too.

No interesting lacing examples on my end; I've only replaced the traditional wide cotton "work boot" laces in boots with the thin waxed kind to dress them up. I'd be interested in what others have done too.

Leave a comment:

• MagM
    started a topic Shoe laces

Shoe laces

What do y'all think of that? I saw an article on Primer* suggesting putting leather laces in canvas shoes to give 'em new life. Couldn't find anything leather at the local Target (well, nothing I liked), but did find these and thought they'd be fun. Opinions? I'm starting to realize it's another element of style I can directly and easily control--so why neglect it?

Any examples of interesting approaches to lacing to share?

*Link to the article: http://www.primermagazine.com/2010/s...e-canvas-shoes

Working...
X