Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drocpsu
    replied
    What a transformation! Nice find and great cobbler!

Leave a comment:

• sami
    replied
    What a transformation! Enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• Dpdk
    replied
    Damn those are nice. I wonder if there is a cobbler as talented as yours where I live.

Leave a comment:

• mdwsta4
    replied
    wow, impressive results! I like both the before and after colors. For that price, it'd be hard to complain.

Leave a comment:

• Furious Styles
    replied
    Thanks fellas, I was nervous about buying used dress shoes, but I've gained a lot of trust in cobblers' abilities.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Awesome results. TBH, this is one of the reasons I tend to steer clear of eBay for used shoes in not-perfect shape. At thrift store prices of $5-15, a $70 investment with your cobbler and these kinds of results is a bargain. At the $100-150 prices I see some used eBay shoes go for, you'd be better off buying new.

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    replied
    Looks awesome! That was some creativity on your part.

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    Looks like he did an excellent job. Glad it worked out for you!

Leave a comment:

• Furious Styles
    started a topic My Thrifted To Boot's, Reimagined

My Thrifted To Boot's, Reimagined

Gents, I picked up a pair of To Boot NY cap toes for $9 at my favorite thrift spot. They had some water/salt damage on the sides near the sole and toe, but otherwise they felt good. The damage went pretty deep, so the only way to wear them (and not embarrass myself with the fashion faux pas) was to try and polish them. I saw Joe's post about the Stafford wingtip boot transformation, but the brown polish I used near the toe just wasn't dark enough. And I didn't want to just make the shoes black. So, I took them to my local cobbler and gave him the project. He replaced the soles, stripped the leather color down, and applied three or four coats of chocolate brown. Two weeks later, I'm very, very happy with the result. The color is now a deep mocha that shines brown in light but leans black when in shadow. The damage is now invisible! The total cost for unique, new (to me) shoes is less than $70.

Working...
X