Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duvel
    replied
    If your jacket really fit the way it looks on the model, it would be too tight, meaning uncomfortable and possibly damaging to the jacket. I have a Ludlow suit and two Ludlow blazers, and what I know from my reality with the jacket is that the fit should give you that tapered hour-glass sillouette but without the pulling. I have always found that if a blazer or suit coat pulls like that, it's too small. And I think you will find a lot of tailors and others say the same.

Leave a comment:

• zxu426
    replied
    On the model is the skinny fit that's fashionable right now. It's probably caused by clips placed on the models to make it fit "better." I'm sure the jacket does not fit that way, as you wrote above. The jacket is too tight.

Leave a comment:

• frost
    started a topic New J.Crew Ludlow Jacket: Correct fit?

New J.Crew Ludlow Jacket: Correct fit?

So I recently purchased this coat from J.Crew:

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...1509/21509.jsp

Notice the pulling around the button area on the model. I don't have quite as much pulling on mine, but there's a noticeable line pulling downward from the button. I should mention that he took in the back slightly when I went in for tailoring.

J.Crew says that's the fit. It's the way it's supposed to be.

The tailor tells me that one of my shoulders is taller than the other by a little bit and that's what causes it.

Other places around the net say the back has to be let out.

Ideas? Comments? Thank you..
Working...
X