Brown Shoes for $250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Shoes for $250?

What's your favorite pair of Brown Shoes for $250? I already have Walnut Strands and am considering a pair in Bourbon since I can get those for $250.

Any better options? Was looking at Meermin potentially, but not sure what the best bet is.

J&M Aldrich II for $275. Not made in America but pretty good quality leather and good year welted. I have a pair and love them.

Comment

What are you looking for in brown shoes? Or just the color? Suede or calf? That kind of stuff

Comment

More details would be helpful. I've heard nothing but good things about Meermin. In that price range I would also look into the variety of UK brands that bruschetta has mentioned around a few threads. Quoted from bruschetta "Loake, Cheaney, Herring, Grenson, and Barker. For ~£100 more we have Church's, Tricker's, Crocket & Jones, and Alfred Sargent"

I mean no offense to Teej, but I would not pay anywhere near $200 for J&M shoes. I have a pair of bucks that I got for about $70-80 and that feels like the right price.

You can also scout sales. Fred G. Unn on this forum is often posting amazing deals in the "someone should kop this" thread. I just scored a pair of great looking $430 Grensons for $130.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

http://andrewlockshoes.com/products/...e-brown-oxford

I'm a fan of these and they are $250 on the mark shipped to you.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
            http://andrewlockshoes.com/products/...e-brown-oxford

I'm a fan of these and they are $250 on the mark shipped to you.
            You can actually get 10% off from their facebook page too

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
              More details would be helpful. I've heard nothing but good things about Meermin. In that price range I would also look into the variety of UK brands that bruschetta has mentioned around a few threads. Quoted from bruschetta "Loake, Cheaney, Herring, Grenson, and Barker. For ~£100 more we have Church's, Tricker's, Crocket & Jones, and Alfred Sargent"

I mean no offense to Teej, but I would not pay anywhere near $200 for J&M shoes. I have a pair of bucks that I got for about $70-80 and that feels like the right price.

You can also scout sales. Fred G. Unn on this forum is often posting amazing deals in the "someone should kop this" thread. I just scored a pair of great looking $430 Grensons for $130.
              The shoes I'm suggesting are not the same as the bucks at all. They are good quality dress shoes. Leather sole, European calfskin, and Goodyear welted. I wouldn't pay $200 for those bucks either but these are, I'm sure, much better quality than the bucks. They are definitely worth more than $70.

Comment

I know your budget is $250, but I've had a ton of success with eBay at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

Snuff suede players? I don't think I would necessarily want walnut and bourbon strands unless you have a lot of other shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by thepenguin99 View Post
                    I don't think I would necessarily want walnut and bourbon strands unless you have a lot of other shoes.
                    Agreed. There's little need to have the same shoe in two colors, especially when those colors are relatively close to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                      J&M Aldrich II for $275. Not made in America but pretty good quality leather and good year welted. I have a pair and love them.
                      Disagree with this. I have a pair of the Aldrich II's (bought off ebay for $90), and the leather is WAY cheaper looking than anything from Allen Edmonds, which you can get at a cheaper price point on sale.

Comment

Shoes make the man, I think every man should have at least one pair of custom made shoes

Comment

Originally posted by nickrut View Post
                          What's your favorite pair of Brown Shoes for $250? I already have Walnut Strands and am considering a pair in Bourbon since I can get those for $250.

Any better options? Was looking at Meermin potentially, but not sure what the best bet is.
                          My personal favorites are the Allen Edmonds Park and Fifth Avenues in Dark Brown Burnished. It's just me, but the simpler (i.e. less brogued), the better.

Comment

Originally posted by vicgreen View Post
                            Shoes make the man, I think every man should have at least one pair of custom made shoes
                            Custom shoes for $250? Uh. Ok.

Comment

I don't think he meant custom as in bespoke shoes. Some companies call MTO shoes custom. And I think that's achievable at $250

Comment

Working...
                              X