J Crew Factory Dress Shirts - Comparable Fits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J Crew Factory Dress Shirts - Comparable Fits

I entered the working world about 7 months ago and have been trying to beef up what was a bare wardrobe. Having tried quite a few different stores and styles, I've come to find that the J Crew Factory dress shirts fit me very well. However, their selection is rather limited so I wanted some input on comparable fits. So, any of you that have had similar results from these shirts: What other brands and styles have you been happy with?

For reference: I am an athletically built 6'2", 205 with a 34 waist. The JCF shirts are not the slim fit, but I actually just ordered one to see how it fits. BR tailored fit a bit too large, while the tailored slim are a bit smaller than I like. I am looking to stay in a $50-$75 range per shirt.

On a slightly related note - Does JCF come out with new designs for the dress shirts each year? I love the shirts. Great fit and good material for the price, and would love to see some new designs to add to what I have.

EDIT: I feel like this should have been asked first: how do the J Crew (non-factory) compare fit wise?

you shouldn't be paying full price unless you absolutely need it right away. these stores have sales so often that they don't even expect people to pay the 50~70 per shirt. at that price, you can get a MTM shirt made at a number of places.

with that said, I would check out uniqlo, club monaco, just places I have experience with

Comment

Oh, I'm not paying full price. Ultimately, I'll be trying to stay around $50, but $75 for a few staple points isn't out of the question.

Comment

Picked up a JCrew Haberdashery shirt in-store today at the factory store. Apparently it's a classic fit but it fits comparably to a BR poplin slim stretch, minus the stretch. I'm a 40 chest/ 32 waist and 15.5 34/35 fits perfectly around the chest and almost perfect around the waist. But it was also on clearance and ended up being on $20. No way I would pay full price for these shirts. Their honestly not worth the $50-$60 their retail price, especially considering there are always so many sales. I'd say your best bet is to hit up BR these next few Wednesdays. I got the two poplin shirts which technically weren't even on sale at $60 for $25.

Comment

Nordstrom's Trim Fit shirts are pretty close. The collars will be a little bigger and the fabric will likely feel quite a bit nicer.

Comment

Working...
          X