Are my shoes resoleable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my shoes resoleable?

I bought these shoes a couple of months back. I'm interested in whether it is likely these shoes can be resoled because having a functionally immortal chocolate brown cap-toe shoe would be pretty handy. Also because some scuffing on the toe has me worried that a glued sole will peel back from the toe. Obviously, if the sole has been stitched underneath the sole, this would be less of a potential problem.

For reference these were full priced at $170AU (and the store probably overpriced them based on their 'image' as fashionable). Not to worry, they only cost me $80AU in the end. The stitching is actually underneath the sole (I don't know if that makes a difference)

So, is it plausible that these shoes could be resoleable?

[can't figure out how to post photos]

shrike just the slash key img commands. or you can post a link and I'll fix it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Shrike View Post
      The stitching is actually underneath the sole (I don't know if that makes a difference)

So, is it plausible that these shoes could be resoleable?
      We'll need some pics or brand info. Lots of brands, especially mass market brands, use fake stitching underneath and/or on the welt to give the appearance of a more expensive Goodyear welted shoe. Hard to know without seeing them or knowing more about the brand.

Comment

Fred G is right. Though if I had to guess, for that price they may not be. Of course I could be wrong. Brand and pics please.

Comment

I don't have some kind of photobucket account, can I just paste photos directly into the text?

So is it 'impossible' for stitches underneath to actually be real? Is it necessary to construction of the shoe to place the welting on the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Shrike View Post
            So is it 'impossible' for stitches underneath to actually be real? Is it necessary to construction of the shoe to place the welting on the outside?
            Certainly not impossible, most of my dress shoes are Goodyear welted and they have stitching on the soles. The problem is a lot of manufacturers around the price point you quoted put fake stitches and just glue the sole on, which is a much less expensive way to manufacture shoes. It also isn't as durable and the shoes usually can't be resoled.

Check your account settings if you don't see the icon to post pics. You may need to select "enhanced interface" or something like that.

Comment

Working...
            X