Handkerchiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handkerchiefs

I'm trying to find handkerchiefs more interesting than plain white. I've been carrying white handkerchiefs for a while now, but I'm looking for some patterns and color. I don't want a pocket square, though; This will be something to clean up messes or blow my nose in, etc.

Thoughts on where I could find this? I tried Etsy, but there aren't many options.

I got some at Macy's that are white with a subtle plaid pattern... a pack of 3 with the same pattern in grey, navy, and burgundy.

Comment

Target sells some decent ones VERY cheap. Joe did a post on Dappered about them a while back: http://dappered.com/2011/04/ultra-cheap-buys-target-pocket-square-3-pack/

The post describes them as pocket squares but they're definitely hankie-sized and work perfectly well as hankies (yeah, hankies, what am I, 12?). I saw them at my local Target just a few weeks ago when I was looking at the accessories section. You'll probably find them on an endcap somewhere in the underwear/undershirt section, alongside the wallets and other knickknacks.

I bought mine well over a year ago. At the time they were on clearance for a dollar, or something ridiculous.

Ben

Comment

I second the target 3 pack PS. I own them as use them regularly as a PS or hanker chief in back pocket.

Comment

I third it. Waiting for more designs from them.

Comment

I looked for some when Joe posted about them; haven't been able to find them locally. Sounds like a challenge for tomorrow's lunch break...

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Tie Bar check it out they have such a big selection now all for 8 bucks

http://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPag...et_Squares.asp

Comment

Hmm... I looked at the Target ones a few day, and they seemed really thin, almost see through. I wasn't sure they'd work as hankies, but since, they're so cheap, I might as well give them a try.

I'll see if I can find any in my local Macy's. Tie Bar also looks pretty nice.

Comment

I suggest washing the Target hankies before using them. They are thin and kinda stiff, but after washing, at least they're not as stiff.

Comment

Try burlington coat factory, I've found a pack of 5 white ones with a plaid pattern on them for 3$s. I've also found a couple of silk & cotton Hankies at local thrift stores. They are a awesome paisley prints with bright colors, so I typically use those as PS only.

Comment

go to LEC, they are having a sale on the pocket squares..nice fall looks

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

o yea, burlington and thrift stores are clutch...i always wonder what chicks think when i am digging through thier scarves and things looking for cool squares...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                        I>0<I

Comment

+1 for the target 3 pack. I use them as hankerchiefs, but not pocket squares. Also tiebar cotton squares are more substantial, and can be used for pocket squares or blowing your nose

Comment

@ MaxMan - They probably think you're a cheap bastard trying to find gifts for your wife/gf ;-)

Ben

Comment

I have carried a regular ol' bandana in my back pocket for the past 15 years or so (not the same one, I own a few). I've picked them up in various places, just whenever I happen to see them. Most of mine are Hav-a-Hank brand, made in the U-S-of-A. I think Valet Mag did a feature on bandanas a while back, including some that are way overpriced in my view, but I believe they mentioned Hav-a-Hank.

Comment

Working...
                              X